• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Missing maps: Saltmarsh and Reptile God.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
I'm prepping a champaign, coastal swamp setting, and to my horror, I have discovered that my copy of Against The Cult of the Reptile God is missing all of it's interior maps are missing.

(Golden Grain Inn, Temple of Merikka, Inn of the Slumbering Serpent, and of course, the dungeon)

The game starts this Sunday. I can stall on the cult compound dungeon for a few weeks, and I can krib an inn or two from another module. But By sheer chance the party cleric is a priest of Merikka....So I need the map for the temple!

Also, I was planning to run the Sinister Secret of Salt Marsh set as a follow up, but my copy is missing the cover, along with the maps.

Can anyone assist me with these issues?
(and i have a seat or 2 open for a sunday 2-7ish game in Woodstock GA)

the Jester

Legend
Oh man, that sucks. I used to have both of those- I might still have N1 around somewhere, if I can find it I'll see if I can help you out. I dunno, though- I haven't seen it in a couple of years. It may have been a casualty of my last place...

Twowolves

Explorer
I own both of these, but they are buried in boxes somewhere.

As to The Cult of the Reptile God, IIRC the temple is in a square, walled compound lined with rose bushes (I remember this because when I ran it, the party was captured and were escaping the temple and everyone looked at the wizard like he went insane when he broke ranks to pluck rose petals... as a material component for his Sleep spell!). The temple itself was also square with a dome or spire or some such, mostly empty with the sanctuary taking up most of it's structure and meditation rooms lining the left and right.

Saltmarsh never had a map for the town proper, it was meant for the DM to design the town and the NPCs germaine to the plot to fit his world. But, as I recall, it was on the east coast, just above a swamp where a river met the sea. The lizardman lair was south, in the swamp, and their old lair was much further south along the coast.

As for the dungeon maps for both of these.... good luck!

the Jester

Legend
IIRC the 3.5 DMG2 had the town of Saltmarsh mapped out in it. Of course, that map is officially prolly what, at least 10 years after the events of U1-U3.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Thanks, It would be really cool if I could get a scan, assuming you find it...

I've been looking around with google (never know), and I've seen a few conversions of these mods floating around for NeverWinterNights. I don't have NWN. Would it be possible to grab a screen shot of the converted map from the game?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That totally sucks. We ask that you don't request scans of copyrighted materials here at ENW, though - it's illegal, and something we don't allow.

Ping me with any questions.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're talking about this down in the Meta forum, by the way. Our policy? We don't get particularly fussed about requests like this. We don't condone pirating out of print products, and we ask that people not request scans, but we're not going to overreact and suspend a member if someone posts to ask for a missing page.

I'm not sure if low-rez scans of just the maps constitute fair use or not. Anyone know?

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that if the OP legally purchased the products that the maps belong to, then having a scanned copy to complete the product should be fair use. Unfortunatly, missing pages are a pitfall of the secondhand market.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads