MM 3.5 and CC revised - worth it?

mrswing

Explorer
I haven't made the 3.5 leap yet and am not likely to upgrade completely in the near future. However, I would like to know whether getting these two books is worth it? A cursory glance at the FLGS gave me the impression that most things have stayed the same, and that the art hasn't changed much either. As far as CC goes, apart from the new art for the Albadian Battle Dog (which now looks like a bland dog rather than like a weird abberration) and the Silver Golem (which resembles the original weird picture more than I would have thought), and (very) short pieces of atmospheric intro, I didn't really see anything worth getting straightaway (i.e. not much new material - I can live with the not quite 100% as we do them now mechanics of the original.

Can anyone who has these books shed some more light on the matter?

Beelzebub

First Post
Of the three core WotC D&D 3.5 books, the Monster Manual is the one I'm the most impressed with.
<ul>
<li>slightly better orginization than the original</li>
<li>listing of grapple bonus</li>
<li>listings for the newer DR</li>
<li>tougher demons/devils</li>
<li>clearer presentation of monster advancement</li>
</ul>
If these things don't intrest you, don't bother with the book. Of course any number of online reviews could have told you the same thing...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mrswing,

If you're a fan of the Scarred Lands, get CC Revised (we did have to cut out Drendari and the Herald of Vangal but added in the templates for Fatling, Hags and Unhallowed to name a few.) Plus a section on the races of the Scarred Lands (at least for Ghelspad and Termana.) If not, don't get it. :) But I hope you'd consider it.

Remove ads