• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MM IV Q and A

Pants

First Post
Gidien said:
EDIT: 224 pages does sound like a lot. Are they printing on a different thickness of paper than before? Maybe I'm just crazy.
As far as I recall, the FF, MM2, MM3, and MM4 are all the same size. The MM3.5 clocks in at around 320 pages.

Gold Roger

First Post
There's two monsters I'd like to know a bit about.

One's the Zern, simply because the visual design of the Zern Bladethrall is extremely appealing to me. Just what's their basic hook?

The others are called Skiurid in the art gallery and look like it's a swarm of evil squirrels. If my speculation is true that would be awesome, but one way or the other, my interest has been piqued.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
The Concordant killer, anything more you can post about that particular beaste? An emphasis on hit die type, subtypes, advancement, and unique/intresting powers if you please

SnowRaven

First Post
Gold Roger said:
There's two monsters I'd like to know a bit about.

One's the Zern, simply because the visual design of the Zern Bladethrall is extremely appealing to me. Just what's their basic hook?
They're folks that experiment on other life forms. Didn't get into them myself yet, so that's just the cursory glance.
The others are called Skiurid in the art gallery and look like it's a swarm of evil squirrels. If my speculation is true that would be awesome, but one way or the other, my interest has been piqued.
Shadow Squirrels, zones of darkness that drain strength, which then forms Shadow Acorns, which they eat. Neat enough.

dargoth3

First Post
What can you tell me about the Clockword Steed?

Whats its CR how much does it cost to make them?

Is there an "In Eberron" write up for it?

Is there a "In Faerun" write up for the Justice Archon?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
SnowRaven said:
Shadow Squirrels, zones of darkness that drain strength, which then forms Shadow Acorns, which they eat. Neat enough.
Ha! I've got a forest-based campaign where the player characters' first adventure was entering an alleged tomb (actually some sort of storehouse, they figured out later) of ancient shadow-using wizards. Given that some of their experiments (like the owlbear) have entered the local ecology over the millenia, these actually sound like they'd fit in perfectly in Midwood.

NiTessine

Explorer
dargoth3 said:
What can you tell me about the Clockword Steed?

Whats its CR how much does it cost to make them?

Is there an "In Eberron" write up for it?

Is there a "In Faerun" write up for the Justice Archon?
Comes in both Large and Medium sizes. Both have CR 3. Costs 1,150 gp and 80 xp to make. No "In Eberron" writeup. Or "In Faerûn" for that matter.

Justice archons in Faerûn, predictably, are native to the House of the Triad.

Mr.Black

First Post
I finally got a look at it in the book store yesterday. I thought some of the monsters were interesting, but there weren't enough to make this a must buy book.

Concordant Killer: Its' concordant sword acts as though it were holy, unholy, anarchic, and axiomatic all at once. Nice picture, kind of angelic but demonic at once. It may seem too much like the Rilmani though.

Demons:
Death Drinker: A demon that looks like a balor except it wears armor, and the facial features are much more skull-like. The picture has it reclining on its side. it's supposed to be very conceited, with a contingent of undead who bask in its glory and life-draining aura. It has an aura that drains life (1d8) from any creature next to it on its turn. Not really notable. It has the ability to gain hp from creatures it destroys, and usually cleaves into one of its followers if it needs an hp boost. This creature is a melee creature. It starts off at a +38 with its adamantine sword. Its most notable ability is its quickened greater teleport spell-like ability. As you can guess, its favored tactic is to teleport close to a spell-caster and full-attack him.

Kastighur: The only new tanarri. It looks like a bluish scaly minotaur, but its face has no bovine features save the horns. It has golden armor bolted to its body. I think we're getting too many demons with bull-like features (ghour, bulezau, and goristro). The kastighur are hunters and trackers of the abyss. This demon likes to charge, and its powerful charge forces the creature to save or be stunned for 1 round. It also has quickened teleport 3/day, and uses this to set up a charge and stun spell-casters. It normally charges so that it has 15 feet between it and the victim. If that creature is still there the next round it closes the 10ft gap with another charge.

Nasrhou: A weird looking demon that is more like a simple predator than anything else.

Whisper Demon: Should have been loumara.

Vitreous Drinker: An undead that drinks the eyesight of other creatures, these are the eye covered creatures in the Wizards ad with the ravens. I think they're the coolest creature in the book with their incorporeal ravens who hover about (very creepy).

Yugoloths: Corruptor of Fate: Assassins and trackers of the yugoloths. They are kinda puddgy with skull-like faces. They have an unluck special ability which forces opponents to reroll attacks against them.

Voor: Watchdogs of the yugoloths. They are similar to the canoloth except they have tentacles growing out of their backs. There is an interesting quote of a horned devil (cornugon) that mentions how the Voor were the perfect soldiers: strong, doesn't ask questions and perfectly expendable. I thought the yugoloths were manipulating the devils and demons, not the other way around. :)

Ripzerai

Explorer
Mr.Black said:
There is an interesting quote of a horned devil (cornugon) that mentions how the Voor were the perfect soldiers: strong, doesn't ask questions and perfectly expendable. I thought the yugoloths were manipulating the devils and demons, not the other way around. :)

I'm sure they think they're manipulating one another. Because they're yugoloth creations, I'm sure they're designed to seem like ideal, unquestioning, expendable troops to those who hire them out as mercenaries, and I'm equally sure that's just a facade, and vooroloths will turn on their employers in a second if the circumstances are right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads