D&D General modern themed subclasses?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I have always wonder what a more modern setting with high normal tech would have for subclasses to make them all fit in the setting better whilst still being recognisable as the classes I have two so far anyone else got ideas?

spy rogue (a mix between the real deal and the James bond idea.)

barbarian shock trooper(rage and hate has always worked to make you scary and I have few other ideas for what would even fit barbarian?)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Fighter - professional athlete. Has to re-fluff weapons: hockey stick, throwing a baseball, decathalon gets extra range on throwing javelin. Lots of color on his medium armor err team uniform.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Fighter - professional athlete. Has to re-fluff weapons: hockey stick, throwing a baseball, decathalon gets extra range on throwing javelin. Lots of color on his medium armor err team uniform.
I got another one for fighter commando way more weapon focused in the modern tools scary, sutle amount of 80's action hero towards the high level.

MarkB

Legend
There was a sadly failed kickstarter of a cyberpunk 5e conversion a few years ago that featured concepts like a hacker rogue subclass and a gun fu monk.

I think you would have to have more flexible classes for anything resembling an action movie. Something like d20 Modern, but more powerful and with better balance.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
What are you going to do with all the spellcasting classes?
Magitech?
Unique (but not necessarily expensive) material component?
"I pull out my Nikola Tesla Coil with the aiming sight on it, point it down the hallway, and cast Lightning Bolt!" ?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases