[ModernAGE] Modern AGE Powers

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
The next book announced for modern AGE. That is an auto buy for me. Always fun to get new tools to build a greater variety of settings using the AGE system. I have a Modern AGE group and a Fantasy AGE group running at the moment with different players. I don't foresee playing another system anytime soon.

"Modern AGE Powers
Not long ago I finalized the text for Modern AGE Powers, which is, to nobody’s surprise, a book about powers in Modern AGE. This is one I developed, but where Steve Kenson took the lead design reigns. This book expands upon existing treatments of powers and introduces new ones. It covers the following:

• New backgrounds, professions, options, and powers for magic-using characters and psychics. Arcana trappings, places of power, and more await.
  • A revision and expansion of the systems in the Modern AGE Companion covering superhuman powers.
  • Using rituals to create your own variations on powers by combining them.
  • Thaumaturgy, the art of freeform power-making.
  • Game Mastering powers, including a selection of setting outlines to inspire you.
  • Dozens of extraordinary items with magical, psychic, technological, and enigmatic origins, as well as rules for artifacts, and their signature mix of powers and dooms.
  • A selection of technological and paranormal adversaries given detailed treatment in the Enemies & Allies."

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I sure wish they gave some of the more recent stuff from the Modern line to the Fantasy line; the thaumaturgy and rituals stuff looks pretty cool.

I wish they would give us the (IMHO) superior backgrounds + drive + origin and the freeform character building for the fantasy line.

And maybe the Fortune/Wound system from the Expanse as an option to replace Health.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I sure wish they gave some of the more recent stuff from the Modern line to the Fantasy line; the thaumaturgy and rituals stuff looks pretty cool.

I wish they would give us the (IMHO) superior backgrounds + drive + origin and the freeform character building for the fantasy line.

And maybe the Fortune/Wound system from the Expanse as an option to replace Health.
The new version of the Basic book is coming out in 2021. It will include info on Freeport as default setting. Maybe they will add some additional rules content. ;-)

Aldarc

Legend

I wish that Green Ronin just gave the AGE system the True20 rework: reset everything and make a more generic system that was not necessarily Fantasy AGE vs. Modern AGE vs. Blue Rose AGE, but just the AGE System. And then address a lot of the most common criticisms of the game.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I wish that Green Ronin just gave the AGE system the True20 rework: reset everything and make a more generic system that was not necessarily Fantasy AGE vs. Modern AGE vs. Blue Rose AGE, but just the AGE System. And then address a lot of the most common criticisms of the game.
I prefer the toolbox approach of AGE. I can mix and match what I want from the different AGE games. One size fits all doesn't suit me. That is the reason I got tired of D20 in the first place. I don't think they will return to that. That is why Companion books and Game Master Guides offer so many new tools. It allows the group to create the game they want at their table.

Aldarc

Legend
True20 was also a toolbox approach, but it was more consistent across genres. Less hunting through splatbooks to make something work.

Remove ads