• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose reaction to OGL/SRD

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Demigonis said:
Did he come off as sounding really really pretentious to anyone else?
Nope.

More like a businessman looking at his options in quite a sensible manner - rather than a screaming 4e/WOTC Fanboi or a Grognard 4e hater.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
crazy_cat said:
Nope.

More like a businessman looking at his options in quite a sensible manner - rather than a screaming 4e/WOTC Fanboi or a Grognard 4e hater.

Agreed. To me, Matt came across as a man thinking what is best for his company and his employees. He didn't sound like someone that is appauled at the changes or someone that believes that WotC can do no wrong. I'd summerize his blog entry as, "Can we do it, yes. Should we do it, jury is still out."

CaptainChaos

First Post
Demigonis said:

Yes indeed. The self-aggrandizing of the opening bit was hilarious.

I hope Mongoose stays out of 4E. They were, by far, the biggest producer of d20 junk for 3.X.

FickleGM

Explorer
Demigonis said:
Weird. The guy you are referring to has posted in this thread. If you had said, "MongooseMatt, you sounded really really pretentious.", would that have been a rules violation? I would say no, but I am not sure.

For the record, I didn't think he sounded pretentious at all.

Darkwolf71

First Post
CaptainChaos said:
Yes indeed. The self-aggrandizing of the opening bit was hilarious.

I hope Mongoose stays out of 4E. They were, by far, the biggest producer of d20 junk for 3.X.
Yeah, right. Dislike Mongoose all you want, but everybody knows who the biggest producer of junk was. Thankfully they are out of the industry.

Besides, I could (won't, but could) make a serious argument that ** (edited so as not to start a fanboy war. ;) ) produced more broken crap than MGP.

FickleGM

Explorer
Darkwolf71 said:
Yeah, right. Dislike Mongoose all you want, but everybody knows who the biggest producer of junk was. Thankfully they are out of the industry.

Besides, I could (won't, but could) make a serious argument that ** (edited so as not to start a fanboy war. ;) ) produced more broken crap than MGP.
Subtle. Real subtle. :D

CaptainChaos

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:

It's easy to beat up on Fast Forward becuase they aren't around anymore. They did indeed produce some terrible junk, but the number of books they put out is quintissentially dwarfed by those of Mongoose. No one made the glut worse.

Darkwolf71

First Post
CaptainChaos said:
It's easy to beat up on Fast Forward becuase they aren't around anymore. They did indeed produce some terrible junk, but the number of books they put out is quintissentially dwarfed by those of Mongoose. No one made the glut worse.
Sure, there was ALOT of stuff put out by MGP. Most of it was good stuff though, or at least didn't suck. And it was (IMO) far more balanced than stuff out out by other companies.

Kafen

First Post
I enjoy the thought of a Quintessential Slayer's Campaign Guide. Joking.. :p

Seriously, I enjoy the large portion of the Mongoose line-up. I want to see them produce something along the monster book lines for my first ventures into 4e. I have no trouble dropping a few bucks on a good campaign guide for a monster game. If anybody has the experience to do it, it is Mongoose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads