• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk Help

The Souljourner

First Post
I didn't think you weren't allowed to use two weapon fighting and flurry of blows at the same time.... I know I wouldn't allow it.

-The Souljourner

Last edited:

UltimaGabe

First Post
The Souljourner said:
I didn't think you weren't allowed to use two weapon fighting and flurry of blows at the same time.... I know I wouldn't allow it.

-The Souljourner

According to a recent update to the 3.5 FAQ on Wizards.com, you can in fact use Two-Weapon Fighting with Flurry of Blows. I was a bit wary about allowing it at first too, but then I realized that Monks already have such horrible attack bonuses anyway that there really wasn't any danger in giving them a couple extra opportunities to miss. After all, unless they're fighting 1st-level Goblins, they're NEVER going to hit on anything but their primary attacks, EVER.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
It's worth noting that Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting specifically allows you to make as many off-hand attacks as primary attacks, and when a level 20+ monk flurries, he's making five primary attacks. Observe:

A fighter with an attack bonus of +20/+15/+10/+5 will attack at +18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3/+3 when using Perfect Two Weapon Fighting.

A monk with a flurry attack bonus of +15/+15/+15/+10/+5 will attack at +13/+13/+13/+13/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3/+3 when using Perfect Two Weapon Fighting.

It looks quite balanced to me.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
They love this stuff in the Character Optimization forum at Wizards. They are working on a fang ring'd, acolyte of the dragon, monk's belt, monk's tatoo'd, improved natural attack, enlarged monk who does some insane number of dice damage per hit before strength is factored in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads