Monkey Familiars

Macbeth

First Post
So, I'm starting a new character for a group of 'secondary' characters with my current group. These secondary characters are going to be pirates, and my character is the 'good luck charm' of the ship, a pygmie voodoo priest. To pull this off rules wise we're using a sorcerer.

Now the tricky bit: I want a monkey familiar to firmly fit the pirate setting. My DM, BardStephenFox on En World, thinks he saw stats for Monkey familiars in some d20 book. Anybody have any idea where to find monkey familiar rules? Or does anybodt have house rules for a monkey familiar?

Richards

Legend
Mongoose Publishing has an Encyclopaedia Arcane: Familiars book with all kinds of familiars in it. The monkey familiar grants its master a +2 to Reflex saves and Climb checks (besides the normal familiar benefits).

Johnathan

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Will the familiar be a polymorphed human with ranks in Profession (Librarian) who goes berserk when you call him "monkey"?

Nellisir

Hero
Richards said:
Mongoose Publishing has an Encyclopaedia Arcane: Familiars book with all kinds of familiars in it. The monkey familiar grants its master a +2 to Reflex saves and Climb checks (besides the normal familiar benefits).

"Book of Familiars", from Troll Lord Games, has alot of familiars also. Monkey familiars grant a +3 bonus to Climb checks.

There's also a pdf book on familiars, written by Steven Creech. The title and publisher escape me right now, but it's probably the least expensive and easiest to acquire -- just pop over to RPGNow and flash your credit card. I don't have the file handy, so can't tell you what benefit monkey familiars grant, but it is a GREAT accessory.

Cheers
Nell.

Macbeth

First Post
Having talked with my Dm a bit more, and with some of the advcie from this thread, we're probably going with +3 Balance. Thanks for the advice, and I'm still open to suggestions of good books on familiars or specific stuff for monkey familiars.

Remove ads