Pathfinder 1E Monster BAB Calculations?

Weiley31

Legend
Okay: I get how Monsters and multiple attacks work(ish). I get what a Standard and a Full Attack Round does.
My question is this though, when determing the BAB of say an Abberation, it uses a 3/4th progression cuz It's D8. So would a Colossal Abberation, that has a 19D8 Hit Die, use the BAB Calculation of a 19th level Cleric? So its BAB would be +14/+9/+4 I assume?

And another secondary question, if it had a Range attack that was a +11 Name Pending, The Range attack roll, on a Standard Attack, would be D20+14(Highest BAB)+Dex Modifier+11+Plus Size or whatever else bonuses there would be?

I'm just trying to make sure I'm reading it all right as I'm trying to learn this properly.

Last edited:

kenada

Legend
Supporter
My question is this though, when determing the BAB of say an Abberation, it uses a 3/4th progression cuz It's D8. So would a Colossal Abberation, that has a 19D8 Hit Die, use the BAB Calculation of a 19th level Cleric? So its BAB would be +14/+9/+4 I assume?
That’s correct. Per the creature statistics by type table, the BAB is based on the number of Hit Dice.

And another secondary question, if it had a Range attack that was a +11 Name Pending, The Range attack roll, on a Standard Attack, would be D20+14(Highest BAB)+Dex Modifier+11+Plus Size or whatever else bonuses there would be?
What is the +11? Is it a magical bonus or some other bonus? Otherwise, I assume it is the final result (of BAB + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + other modifiers).

Weiley31

Legend
That’s correct. Per the creature statistics by type table, the BAB is based on the number of Hit Dice.

What is the +11? Is it a magical bonus or some other bonus? Otherwise, I assume it is the final result (of BAB + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + other modifiers).
Yeah that +11 was what I was confused about. I didn't know if it was an enhancement bonus that also added to the damage and the roll or what not.

Last night I was able to work out the BAB calculation of a Ragewalker since it's a 22HD Fey and Fey use the BAB progression of a Wizard since they are D6.

One thing I have to keep in mind is feats like Weapon Focus.

Remove ads