• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster ECLs

Perrin

First Post
Can anyone point me to a official or semi Official Monster ECL list?
I want to look for aECL on undead creatures the Revanent from Monsters of faerun to be exact.

TIA

Li Shenron

Legend
I have been told that in a Dragon Magazine issue of last spring (March maybe) there was a list of ECLs for ALL creatures in the Monster Manual.

I don't know how much official is the stuff in Dragon Magazine, isn't it published by WotC? Maybe not...

Anyway, I would not suggest a list which has ECL for animals and vermin! How are players supposed to play such a "character", if they can't even gain Xp? At most you'd have to house rule a conversion from Xp to HD advancement instead of levels.

Velenne

Explorer
My group and I held our breath for so long waiting on that issue. At last, an "official" source for ECL....then we read it. Long story short, the ECL's in that issue of Dragon were ridiculously high. I still recommend Soldarin's, and a little DM modification as needed.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
The ECL's in that one article of Dragon aren't official, in that they weren't calculated by WotC's R&D team, they were created by the author of that article. Dragon #300, with the 4 Undead templates, WAS done by WotC's R&D staff, and so are official.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Supposedly, the upcoming Savage Species book (formerly Tooth & Claw) will have ECLs for every creature in the Monster Manual...I havent heard anything about it having EDLs for other products though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads