Monte Cook and 5e

Jack99

Adventurer
Now, with all the talk about Monte and his possible involvement in the next edition of dnd, I figured this might be relevant.

https://twitter.com/#!/MonteJCook/status/150121100930584576

For those of you too lazy to click, it's a Twitter message from Monte, saying that he is now full time in Seattle.

Wouldn't that mean that they are stepping up the design process now, or that he is going to participate more than he has been up to now (that is of course assuming that they have started on the project).

Or maybe I missed something?

P

PaulofCthulhu

Like FFG and the Star Wars license this seems to be the worst kept secret. ;)

To paraphrase a recent ex-WotC employee "Your game is in good hands with Mike & Monte". - apropos of nothing but with everything else it seems to add up.

So it may be just a question of when in the next year or two they announce it. What it will be like I've no idea, but it will be interesting to see.

Not that it matters too much. We play what we have now and there's a wealth of material out there already. The real issue I think is simply the fracturing. I remember when you could just say "Want to play D&D?", now it's "Which edition? - No thanks".

Que sera.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Now, with all the talk about Monte and his possible involvement in the next edition of dnd, I figured this might be relevant.

https://twitter.com/#!/MonteJCook/status/150121100930584576

For those of you too lazy to click, it's a Twitter message from Monte, saying that he is now full time in Seattle.

Wouldn't that mean that they are stepping up the design process now, or that he is going to participate more than he has been up to now (that is of course assuming that they have started on the project).

Or maybe I missed something?

Read Montes blog. It's for personal reasons.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He is the new lead singer for Temple of the Dog. ;)

That's "Great Dog's Fane". They changed it when they got the new van. :p

I remember when you could just say "Want to play D&D?", now it's "Which edition? - No thanks".

Yes, I remember those days. They were back in the time of 1e. Once 2e (and Shadowrun, and Marvel Superheroes, and White Wolf's games) came out, there were choices, and not everyone liked every game.

P

PaulofCthulhu

Yes, I remember those days. They were back in the time of 1e. Once 2e (and Shadowrun, and Marvel Superheroes, and White Wolf's games) came out, there were choices, and not everyone liked every game.

Yes, I split after 1e. I didn't see the need for 2e and I already had a ton of 1e stuff yet to play. But everyone in my area went over to 2e and I was left behind with a bunch of 1e material no-one else wanted to touch.

Thus my halcyon days of D&D came to an end.

- but that was many years ago now, and I moved on.

Remove ads