Coming Monte Cook's Diamond Throne RPG

Hello players and fans of the Cypher System! As announced at Evening with Monte Cook Games, during Gen Con online, some days ago, Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and Arcana Evolved RPGs are coming back! Monte Cook's Diamond Throne will be a completely new fantasy RPG powered by the Cypher System! Stay tuned for more information!

Attachments

• Prova-arcana5.jpg
    Prova-arcana5.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 320

pming

Legend
Hiya!

At first, I was like... 😍

But then, I was like... 😒

I'm not very keen on the Cypher System, tbh. I just got my "Deluxe Slip Case Numenera" set in last Friday. After an hour's read or so...well...yeah...system itself is not very 'fun' from the looks of it, and from the perspective of GM'ing; I LIKE to use dice and roll them! There are other problems I see with it, but I need to do more reading.

Oh well. :(

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Hello Paul! Thanks a lot for your opinion. However, as it is a Monte Cook setting, he was pleased to bring his creation with the system he created for all Monte Cook Games products. We know that there is more popular systems, but he prefers to use his system before any others. Said that it would be possible to develop new ideas and rules. Nothing prevents us to create a "GM rolls" rule! The game uses that system, but it is a standalone game. I will be happy if this can help to develop a more flexible game for all those players like you (and me...) who love to roll dice!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Huh.

After Ptolus 5E/Cypher (well, "after" in the sense that they ran a Kickstarter campaign; the books aren't scheduled to be released until March 2021), I had hoped that we'd see the Lands of the Diamond Throne in 5E.

The two settings have an unofficial but real overlap, given the names of the non-human races, including how gnomes, halflings and elves are given the same name as other non-human, but non-traditional, races in Arcana Unearthed, and there are references to an ancient giant society far to the west of Ptolus. In my campaign, the head canon has always been that those are the Lands of the Diamond Throne.

I guess I'll just pick up the relevant 3E PDFs if I ever want to make the connections explicit.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are currently working on a Cypher System edition and of course with Monte Cook Games team. As we are developing a Monte Cook's setting, this is mandatory. Even if they share some common things (also Nunemera shared something of these previous settings), they have different concepts and evolution. However, our game will be released after Ptolus and we have time to make adjustments.

About 5E, we will think about it, and it is not excluded in the future. So finger crossed.

Huh.

After Ptolus 5E/Cypher (well, "after" in the sense that they ran a Kickstarter campaign; the books aren't scheduled to be released until March 2021), I had hoped that we'd see the Lands of the Diamond Throne in 5E.

The two settings have an unofficial but real overlap, given the names of the non-human races, including how gnomes, halflings and elves are given the same name as other non-human, but non-traditional, races in Arcana Unearthed, and there are references to an ancient giant society far to the west of Ptolus. In my campaign, the head canon has always been that those are the Lands of the Diamond Throne.

I guess I'll just pick up the relevant 3E PDFs if I ever want to make the connections explicit.

Agreed. I would have considered it for 5th edition but it is an easy pass for the Cypher system.

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
I'd be very excited about a 5e compatible remake of Arcana Evolved and The Diamond Throne.

This? Meh. Not interested.

But should the former ever come about... I'll be first in line for a copy!

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
They’ve already got a lot of irons in the fire.
As I said, I was curious as to why they didn't. Though as an aside I did decide to back it at the early bird level of $119.00 because I'm always interested in seeing developed settings for the Cypher System. 😀 I'm "meh" about DnD 5e things personally, though I do think it is the best version of DnD ever released. So I'd have passed on this had it been for 5e.

Remove ads