• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's new Dungeonaday.com?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This launches next week, apparently, and is "a subscription-based website that will offer new game content every weekday. Basically, what I'll be doing is building an ongoing dungeon-based campaign of a decidedly old-school tradition, but utilizing all the newest presentation options."

Sounds interesting! I don't know whether all the content will be written by Monte himself, or what system he'll be writing for, or how much it will cost, or... well, anything, actually! But I'm sure we'll find out pretty soon.

Interesting - not for me as a customer, so far, I am not sure I need a old-school dungeon based campaign. But it appears the web subscription idea gets traction, eh?

What's "newest presentation options"? 4e?

Not a presentation option.

---

What happened to Monte novel writing career? (I'am not visiting his website as often as I used to...). Of course, he always said he still might do game stuff (and he did - see BOXM).

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
No, it's 3.5. He's mentioned the possibility of going to Pathfinder or AE. But apparently he's sticking within the OGL sphere.

(Though he does point out that most of the material is rules-light, and it could be used for anything.)

Really interesting project and business model. Best of luck, Monte!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I'm dumb. I read the first two lines and didn't notice the "Read More" link. Loads more info!

"Presentation options" means things like hypertext links and the like.

It "describes Dragon's Delve, a mysterious (mega-)dungeon of vast size, fascinating secrets, and great danger."

Cost is $7 per month.

It's 3.5, rules-light, and may have conversion information for Pathfinder, Arcana Evolved, etc.

arscott

First Post
This actually sounds pretty lame, for a Monte Cook product.

I feel that megadungeons are boring, both for player and GM. And I'd definitely not spend $7/month to subscribe to one.

Sounds like it might be worth checking out. I've always wanted to run a campaign taking place in a world that was essentially nothing but a huge dungeon. Plus in my experiance Monte produces good stuff.

Officiallly looking forward to this.

I think it's safe to say Monte doesn't agree, even if we momentarily disregard this piece of news - just look at his published adventures... :)

You might have a point.

I played through Banewarrens, and that was a pretty interesting dungeon, but it wasn't really a "classic dungeon" in my opinion - there were multiple parties, betrayals and all such neat stuff in it to make it more than a dungeon crawl. Maybe he'll repeat that...

Remove ads