D&D 5E Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1

WotC has released another in its line of supplements that support the Extra Life charity. This one is entitled Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign. You can purchase it on the DMs Guild for US$9.99, with 70% of the price going to support WotC's local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. About the product: Crawling from the darkest recesses of D&D’s history...

WotC has released another in its line of supplements that support the Extra Life charity. This one is entitled Mordenkainen's Fiendish Folio Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign. You can purchase it on the DMs Guild for US$9.99, with 70% of the price going to support WotC's local Children's Miracle Network Hospital.

About the product: Crawling from the darkest recesses of D&D’s history comes a ferocious menagerie of monsters malevolent and benign! These creatures first appeared in the Fiend Folio for first edition AD&D. Now, thanks to your support of Extra Life, they enter the world of fifth edition D&D.

The monsters included in the supplement are: Assassin Bug, Blindheim, Crab Folk, Dire Corby, Eye of Fear and Flame, Forlarren, Fog Giant, Jermlaine, Kharga, Killmoulis, Mite, Needlefolk, Needle Lord, Norker, Norker War Leader, Screaming Devilkin, Ygorl, and Xill.

About Extra Life: Extra Life unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $30 million for sick and injured kids. Sign up today and dedicate a day of play for kids in your community!

78728043_10157503124311071_2956098858804838400_o.jpg

I think they did a great job on the story hooks. There are a few too many nuisance monsters, but honestly that's pretty true to the Fiend Folio....

I hope they do volume 2 next year (might as well have both Slaad lords stat'd up), and I wouldn't be shocked to find some of these monsters show up in AP's or splat books over the next year or so.

Manchurian

Villager
Rings a bell: Athasian lich?
They basically stat out like a dry Lich....You Could Use A Drylich or a .....Or even a corrupted lich using the Heroes Of Horror System....But If You Use Heroes Of Horror Make It High Level....For The Corrupted Spawn This Undead Gonna Make Gonna be not your regular undead these things can get you plus they must save versus tainted attacks or become tainted minion....😎👍....But Even Better Athas is Dark Sun....Well That's the Home of The Defilers....They desecrate land Everytime They Cast A Spill.....Meaning That Same Land Can Spawn Other Undead If Animate dead cast or summon undead.....Which means this situation can spiral out of control quick .....Imagine high level using up most there spells to protect the city.....Even they will need a break to charge up ...and the undead ain't letting up...... Going Outta PC Control Is The Benefit Of Horror And On Edge....(introduce no mainstream NPC's)but just enough there decision saves the day or action helps....they can cross dimensions for this help...But this Is Just An Idea....Spelljaming Vessels may have to come find sphere to help but can they get back to the planet on time? Idea You Could Even Make It Another Planet In Athas Crystal sphere and they have to stop plague before it get to Athas.....because of what the dry Lichdefiler did to neighboring planet...Happy Gaming Friend ...here's a few ideas....I Have Made Way More powerful lich combos than this.....But This one Fresh off Press ...This Is Your Creation.....Variant corrupted Drylich...

I think they did a great job on the story hooks. There are a few too many nuisance monsters, but honestly that's pretty true to the Fiend Folio....

I hope they do volume 2 next year (might as well have both Slaad lords stat'd up), and I wouldn't be shocked to find some of these monsters show up in AP's or splat books over the next year or so.

I completely agree with the story hooks - a lot of these creatures were given scant backgrounds in the original FF, and even afterwards when updated to later editions. Fog giants as fallen cloud giants is an excellent take, and I like how the killmoulis isn't just a generic helpful fey, but actually has a potential down side.

And I do hope we get the other Slaad lord, although it's great to finally get one updated to 5e. And my favorite part of the supplement was that the reason there is no illustration of Ygorl is that Mordenkainen got tired of sending artists to sketch him who failed to return...

Manchurian

Villager
I completely agree with the story hooks - a lot of these creatures were given scant backgrounds in the original FF, and even afterwards when updated to later editions. Fog giants as fallen cloud giants is an excellent take, and I like how the killmoulis isn't just a generic helpful fey, but actually has a potential down side.

And I do hope we get the other Slaad lord, although it's great to finally get one updated to 5e. And my favorite part of the supplement was that the reason there is no illustration of Ygorl is that Mordenkainen got tired of sending artists to sketch him who failed to return...
Are you missing any stats on the slaad Lord's? I may be able to assist with a few other slaad Lord's with d20 stats ....Which ones you have with any d&d formula or edition?

Remove ads

Remove ads