D&D 3E/3.5 More 1E and 3.5 Reprints

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Every so often, I check what Amazon has listed for WotC releases, as a means of seeing what's upcoming. The schedule appears to have finally updated--reprints of some key supplements are coming in 2013.

For Valentine's Day, 1st Edition fans may finally get a copy of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/1st-Premium-Unearthed-Arcana-Accessory/dp/0786964448/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1348010212&sr=1-9"]Unearthed Arcana[/ame] that will hold together. :)

In April, 3.5 fans get a reprint of one of the most demanded, comprehensive and (reportedly) 'handle with care' books. The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/3-5-Premium-Spell-Compendium-Accessory/dp/0786964480/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1348010212&sr=1-6"]Spell Compendium[/ame] is back.

Please note that these are premium reprints in price, at least--$50 list for UA, $60 for the SC. Further information as it develops. :)

frankthedm

First Post
I'm not sure there were two books that damaged their respective games more then these. UA upped the power level significantly for 1e and SC brought in a whole bunch of over the top spells.
Yeah, it is like Make the game, then break the game is WotC's standard operating procedure! ;)

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I'm not sure there were two books that damaged their respective games more then these. UA upped the power level significantly for 1e and SC brought in a whole bunch of over the top spells.

The spell compendium has a bunch of over the top spells, but it is also one of the most comprehensive and well put together D&D spell libraries ever published. Online-teethgnashing nonwithstanding.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'd much rather see the Encyclopedia Magica, Wizard's Spell Compendium, and Priest's Spell Compendium series than the Spell Compendium. Those three series were much more comprehensive, and better-produced, than 3E's sad attempt at the same thing.

Not to mention that, as a series, those books would certainly earn WotC a lot more money than the Spell Compendium. Oh well... :erm:

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
I'd much rather see the Encyclopedia Magica, Wizard's Spell Compendium, and Priest's Spell Compendium series than the Spell Compendium. Those three series were much more comprehensive, and better-produced, than 3E's sad attempt at the same thing.

Not to mention that, as a series, those books would certainly earn WotC a lot more money than the Spell Compendium. Oh well... :erm:

Not Gygax-era 1E, not 3E. We'll be lucky if we get PDFs. ;)

Remove ads