D&D 3E/3.5 More 3.5 rules questions

drakon

First Post
Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but I have another haste question. From what I understand, the new 3.5 version gives you an extra attack, not an extra partial action. I understand that this effectively prevents the casting of 2 spells in a round. What I haven't heard is what attack bonus your extra attack is at. Is it at your highest BAB, or is it -5 off your last attack. Example: If you normally have attacks at +12, +7, +2, does Haste give you attacks of +12, +12, +7, +2 or +12, +7, +2, - 3?

Also, has anyone heard details on the new version of Shield?
I would like to know as the old version (+7 AC ?) is obviously broken for a 1st level spell.

:confused:

Demon Knight

First Post
I would guess that the extra attack is at your highest attack bonus, sort of like a monk's Flurry of Blows without the -2 penalty.

As for shield, it's not broken, as it's easily beaten by the 5 ft step. About all it's good for is protection from MM. But that's just from my experience.

IceBear

Explorer
Drakon,

Take a look at the shield spell in the d20 Modern SRD. I'm pretty sure that's what the 3.5 version will look like considering how the 3.5 haste looks like the d20 Modern version

IceBear

melkoriii

First Post
IceBear said:
Drakon,

Take a look at the shield spell in the d20 Modern SRD. I'm pretty sure that's what the 3.5 version will look like considering how the 3.5 haste looks like the d20 Modern version

IceBear

And that would be?? I dont have d20 modern.

IceBear

Explorer
I'll do one better than dcollins (I had just assumed everyone knew the link was on the top of the forum) and post the link to the d20 Modern SRD here:

http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=msrd

and quote the actual shield spell here:

Shield
Abjuration [Force]
Level: Arcane 1; Components: V, S; Casting Time: Attack action; Range: Personal; Target: You; Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Shield creates an invisible, mobile disk of force that hovers in front of the caster. It negates magic missile attacks directed at the caster. The disk also intercepts attacks, providing a +4 bonus to Defense. The shield carries no armor penalty or arcane spell failure chance.

So, basically, I think the new shield spell in 3.5 will give you a +4 bonus to AC (the question becomes what kind of bonus. Since I heard that they will actually be using shield bonuses in 3.5, I suspect this will be a +4 shield or deflection bonus to AC). The whole half the battlefield thing is gone, so it looks like this version will give a +4 AC to all attacks.

IceBear

Remove ads