• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More Bribery! Google Wave Invites!

Balnor

First Post
I think he's under the impression that Google Wave is actually used to develop the site, and that if it didn't work on his PC, he wouldn't be able to help.

So to clarify, the Wave thing is not used directly for developing the site. All you really need for that is a web browser that can run Google Sites (Firefox works nicely). Your PC will probably do the job. My PC is pretty old too, and everything works just fine.

sjmiller

Explorer
I think he's under the impression that Google Wave is actually used to develop the site, and that if it didn't work on his PC, he wouldn't be able to help.
This is exactly what I was saying. I did not want to offer to help if I was not going to be able to help due to not using the software. I've reread the initial offer a couple of times and each time came away thinking that Google Wave was somehow used to develop the site. Since I have never used Wave before, I was unsure how it would work.

So to clarify, the Wave thing is not used directly for developing the site. All you really need for that is a web browser that can run Google Sites (Firefox works nicely). Your PC will probably do the job. My PC is pretty old too, and everything works just fine.
Thanks, this is the kind of information I needed to know. It's also provided in a kind and considerate manner. Even though I was very enthusiastic at first to help with the project, I have decided against doing so. I take offense with being called opportunistic, even if it is just implied. I will work on some other projects and offer my services where they will not be looked down upon with suspicion.

Balnor

First Post
SJ, I wouldn't take it too personally. Your original post was really easy to misinterpret in the way John did. Re-read it and see what I mean.

And you've got to admit, someone actually saying, basically, "If I like the reward enough, I'll help", wouldn't be the kind of person one would want for a project. I'm fairly sure you'd be annoyed too if someone displayed that kind of attitude. Now, we all know (now) that's not what you meant at the time, but that he read it that way is totally understandable to me.

Just a misunderstanding, is all. We all have our "moments". :)

ruemere

Adventurer
This may sound like a really dumb question but what exactly is google wave? What does it do? What is it for?

Here is the link to the long explanation:
About Google Wave

The short version:
Imagine threaded discussion, slashdot style, where you can add your posts to form a conversation. The posts can branch (slashdot style, again), and may contain other media (pictures, documents, films, links).
All of this works in a real time, so it resembles IRC.
All of this can be filtered, searched or archived.
Each new discussion begins with a creation of an initial post (called wave) and inviting participants.

The default look:
screenshot.png

Regards,
Ruemere

jreyst

First Post
Even though I was very enthusiastic at first to help with the project, I have decided against doing so. I take offense with being called opportunistic, even if it is just implied. I will work on some other projects and offer my services where they will not be looked down upon with suspicion.

Well all I can say now is that I apologize that I misinterpreted your initial response. I recognize that its probably too late to salvage this issue now and get you on the team but I apologize either way. I realize now that I need to be more clear in the future about what Google Wave has to do with the site (nothing).

Anyway, like I said, sorry for misreading your post.

--john

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads