More leadership?

biotech66

Explorer
My friends and I were kicking around for an improved leadership feat. What do you think of this? Too powerful?

Advanced Leadership-Feat-Requires Leadership-You gain +5 to your leadership score and the maximum level of your cohorts is increased by +3 with a maximum equal to your level.

DireWereTeddy

First Post
I'd change the bonuses to +4 and +2 respectively. None of my players have ever used Leadership so I don't really know how much of an effect letting a cohort's level equal yours would have. My initial reaction though is not to give that increase, if only because doing so makes me think of them more as equals. At that point, the cohort is theoretically contributing to the party's adventures and success as much as the PCs, so why would he want to continue following one of them?

Keeping in mind how your Leadership score increases, you might be better served looking at the Epic Leadership chart (check the SRD), and using that as a basis. Advanced Leadership might increase the maximum Leadership score you can benefit from to 50 instead of 25, and then offer bonuses on top?

Remove ads