Morrus - How's EN World's attendance in light of 4e?

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Good points, LP and Mags. Good points.

And on this whole new members thing. I seriously doubt that number is correct. This site has been around for a nearly a decade, and to gain 20% membership over the course of 6 mos. is - I think - astounding. If this were true, I'd be trumpeting this to every potential advertiser on EN World that I could.

Maybe those numbers are being trumpeted to the right customers. I don't know, since I'm not in the target audience of 3PP or whomever looking to purchase banner ads.

WP

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I'm sorry guys, my bad. It took me 12,000 attempts at trying to make an account to get it right.:eek: Oops.:blush:

(I kept forgetting the passwords.)

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
And on this whole new members thing. I seriously doubt that number is correct. This site has been around for a nearly a decade, and to gain 20% membership over the course of 6 mos. is - I think - astounding.
In a post I made in the mod forum on the 8th of June, I pointed out that OVER NINE THOUSAAAND (9,764) new accounts had been registered this year so far.

Something like 9.5k in 5 months (Jan-May): ca. 1.9k per month
Around 12k in 6 months (Jun-Nov): ca. 2k per month

So yeah, I can believe the 12k.

weem

First Post
Alexa has some interesting numbers...

enworld.org - Traffic Details from Alexa

---edit---

It would be interesting to see how the numbers compare to the actual stats as this site has them tracked (as they would of course not match). Does Morrus have Google Analytics installed? That would be interesting data to browse... but, I would recommend he not share that info (of course) and instead put together monthly reports to sell to various companies.

I've seen it be done (and helped do it) before, and I'm betting it would be an easy sell to a few companies in particular ;)

---edit 2---

Just to clarify, these reports do not contain user information (IP's, etc) but the other stuff - regional traffic information, software used, search tools used - those kinds of general things - you get the idea.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Traffic is up on every metric Google Analytics has to offer; and on vBulletin's own statlogs of registrations, posts and so on.

I wouldn't put any stock in Alexa's data - it's just a sample, derived from people who have the Alexa toolbar installed. There are so few EN World members with it installed that a couple of years ago when I installed it briefly myself, Alexa suddenly reported a 100% increase in traffic!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And on this whole new members thing. I seriously doubt that number is correct. This site has been around for a nearly a decade, and to gain 20% membership over the course of 6 mos. is - I think - astounding.

It is correct. Registration is not only growing, but it is growing faster and faster.

I have a theory that sites reach a certain "critical mass" at which point their own gravity is enough to generate more and more users at a faster and faster rate.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Traffic is up on every metric Google Analytics has to offer; and on vBulletin's own statlogs of registrations, posts and so on.

I wouldn't put any stock in Alexa's data - it's just a sample, derived from people who have the Alexa toolbar installed. There are so few EN World members with it installed that a couple of years ago when I installed it briefly myself, Alexa suddenly reported a 100% increase in traffic!

Maybe it will help if we all use this new google thing I keep hearing about. Do you have a link? Is it grandma friendly? Sounds a little dirty . . .

It is correct. Registration is not only growing, but it is growing faster and faster.

I have a theory that sites reach a certain "critical mass" at which point their own gravity is enough to generate more and more users at a faster and faster rate.

Ironically, that is the crux of a theory I have regarding gamers and pie. Or is that crusts?

In a post I made in the mod forum on the 8th of June, I pointed out that OVER NINE THOUSAAAND (9,764) new accounts had been registered this year so far.

Over9000_small.jpg

Hotlinked.

Remove ads