Most powerful feature at each level???

smbakeresq

Explorer
Many good things but at 1st level I would mention the ability to use Guidance as it can apply to every skill check by every PC including Initiative (most likely by user.) Of course its goes down over time, averaging more then your proficiency at 1st level and then declining to 1/3 of your proficiency bonus at higher levels.

smbakeresq

Explorer
I would also posit that the Paladin has 2 best overall features of any class. Auras have been mentioned, all you have to do is be conscious and they work, that’s incredible as a passive ability. It would be good if it was just you, party wide is unparalleled.

Smites operating on hit whenever you choose is great since you can just use them on a critical.

Mad_Jack

Legend
It should be completely obvious and beyond discussion that the Illusionist's Minor Illusion cantrip upgrade is the most powerful option at 2nd level...

Staffan

Legend
Moon Druid at 2nd level is pretty beastly

AGjq97T.jpg

CapnZapp

Legend
I refer you back to where my actual party gets temp hit points every round we stay within 30 feet of each other, and even with that rather substantial carrot, we qualify to get it less than half the time. So, no, the dragon is not going to catch us all with a 30-foot cone.

Maybe your party is less mobile than mine, but my experience is that 5E combats range pretty widely across the battlefield unless you're in a tight space to begin with.
Yes mobility is king in 5e, since you can quite cheaply out-maneuvre the stock MM stat blocks.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Maybe it is a good thing its limited to once every 7 days, but I find the Cleric's Improved Divine Intervention at 20th level spectacularly potent - any 9th-level spell (or equivalent) without cost or risk!. Even the Wish spell is more limited (unless the PC gambles by casting something beyond 8th level spells thus risking DM imposed consequences). In the case of any 20th-level Cleric, they can rain ruin on anyone (assuming the DM is fair).

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
It should be completely obvious and beyond discussion that the Illusionist's Minor Illusion cantrip upgrade is the most powerful option at 2nd level...

Unfortunately, you're still limited by minor illusion: An object (not a creature) that fits in a 5-foot cube. It's still very useful, but the inability to create creatures puts a serious crimp in it.

I refer you back to where my actual party gets temp hit points every round we stay within 30 feet of each other, and even with that rather substantial carrot, we qualify to get it less than half the time. So, no, the dragon is not going to catch us all with a 30-foot cone.

Maybe your party is less mobile than mine, but my experience is that 5E combats range pretty widely across the battlefield unless you're in a tight space to begin with.

Your party must be literally all ranged characters.

Maybe it is a good thing its limited to once every 7 days, but I find the Cleric's Improved Divine Intervention at 20th level spectacularly potent - any 9th-level spell (or equivalent) without cost or risk!. Even the Wish spell is more limited (unless the PC gambles by casting something beyond 8th level spells thus risking DM imposed consequences). In the case of any 20th-level Cleric, they can rain ruin on anyone (assuming the DM is fair).

Problem with Divine Intervention, and putting it alongside the likes of Archdruid, Extra Attack III, Primal Champion and such, is that it's HIGHLY subject to DM fiat.

Remove ads