• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Unusual or Outrageous Character or NPC Names

fredramsey

First Post
Ok. A long time ago, on an Air Force base far, far away, lived a fledgling D&D player named George. I finally talked George into creating a Dwarf character, because I thought he would enjoy it. After he was done creating the character, I said, "Now, George, your character names so far have not been very original. Try to come up with a cool name for this dwarf."

So, George thought, and thought, and thought some more, and he spoke the dwarf's name. It was a word that has 4 letters in common with Fire Truck, the dwarf. Yes, that's right, @#$% the Dwarf! And so a legend was born.

His first adventuring companion was a wizard. Named Ugly. An NPC asked them their names. Ugly said, "We're @#% and Ugly!" To which the NPC replied, "I know, but what are your names?"

Enjoy. :lol:

Jolly Giant

First Post
We've generally avoided joke names for characters in our group, but the second character I ever played was a half-elf bard called Sivle Artanis. Nobody in the group ever even realized it was a joke name... :p

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My very first experience with D&D was with a group running a Basic Set game in a hobby store some 25 years ago. The person who was showing me how the game was played had a 1st level Fighter with 3 hit points. He named him Sir Runalot. After a messy death involving barels of flaming oil, he rolled up another character, another Fighter, but this one had only 1 hit point. He named him Sir Diesalot.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Jolly Giant said:
We've generally avoided joke names for characters in our group, but the second character I ever played was a half-elf bard called Sivle Artanis. Nobody in the group ever even realized it was a joke name... :p

OK, I'm not getting the joke...what am I missing?

Remove ads