D&D 5E Mounts and Questions

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
I have not seen ostrich stats. I'm also not convinced they can be ridden in real life. Do you have a source for this?
I also thought that was nonsense. I remember some module had ostrich riders, and I was willing to accept it for the sake of fantasy. "But a real life ostrich couldn't really support a human" I thought to myself.

However, before responding to OP, I did a quick Google search. People apparently do ride ostriches.

Should be noted, however, that while they can apparently support a human in jeans in a t-shirt; I'm pretty sure that a typical "we never bother with encumbrance rules" adventurer would break their back.

Flicker the Flareon

Champion of Alola
I also thought that was nonsense. I remember some module had ostrich riders, and I was willing to accept it for the sake of fantasy. "But a real life ostrich couldn't really support a human" I thought to myself.

However, before responding to OP, I did a quick Google search. People apparently do ride ostriches.

Should be noted, however, that while they can apparently support a human in jeans in a t-shirt; I'm pretty sure that a typical "we never bother with encumbrance rules" adventurer would break their back.

Unless that adventurer stored their stuff in a 5-kg bag of holding...? Like me.

Flicker the Flareon

Champion of Alola
Not a problem for my kitsune with glamered studded leather. I was thinking of a scout character without heavy stuff.

If you have medium or heavy armor, then you should have a light warhorse or something instead.

Remove ads