Moving a grabbed creature

Azarin

First Post
Otterscrubber said:
This is the scenario I was envisioning, basically grabbing someone next to a ledge and then throwing them off. But using grab rather than a bull rush to do it. Or just changing an enemies position to one that might be more advantageous for me, without me moving. As long as I have the grabbiness to do it. But as written there is nothing in the RAW that allows me to basically slide an opponent I have grabbed to an adjacent square, I can only move and pull them with me. Seems like this is something that should be possible, just no rules to cover it.

I suppose you could just use the rules for moving a grabbed opponent but just move them over the cliff instead of into a square you occupied. They would still get their save though.

Azarin

First Post
Dr_Ruminahui said:
I would do something very similar.

I would give a +2 bonus to grab the And during this, anything that breaks a grab (forced movement, etc.) could potentially break the grab of one (or both) of the parties.

Keep in mind the new rules update, push, pull, or slide no longer break a grab. Teleport does.

Azarin

First Post
Ferghis said:
I totally missed this. So what happens if I slide a grabbed target? The grabber moves too? No forced movement?

I believe they would move together, just like the mounted combat rules update. If the mount is moved, the rider goes with it. Teleport being the exception.

firesnakearies

Explorer
Keep in mind the new rules update, push, pull, or slide no longer break a grab. Teleport does.

I just looked all through the most recent errata, and the compiled errata, and find nothing to this effect.

I suspect that this is not true, and is most likely the fairly common mistake of confusing the "restrained" condition for being grabbed. Restrained and immobilized are two different conditions, and grabbing immobilizes rather than restrains.

Azarin

First Post
Ferghis said:
Me neither. I know that they clarified that teleports do break a grab. Is that the only text that led you to conclude what you said, Azarin?

I stand corrected. I was always playing grabbed=restrained in our campaign. Now that I realize it's ony immobilize. Thanks for the correction.

Remove ads