Moving on

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon shakes her head. "Yelena didn't expect it, herself." She shrugs, "As far as him being short, maybe it was a guilty conscience for abandoning one of his own." She looks levelly at Katya, "The whole situation was rather odd, and awkward for you." The large woman's gaze holds sympathy, then she smirks, "But, you're young."
She looks down at the plates, "You done? We've got supplies to pick up, and a wandering Cat to find."

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon nods and stands, then leads the way out. As suspected, shortly after the ladies leave, the figure that was watching them follows, its features hidden by its cloak and hood.
The last stop the ladies make is at a temple. As she speaks with the clerics, Talon notices the figure outside, and smirks slightly. After a few quiet words exchanged with the clerics, Talon looks to Katya, "If we want an actual night's sleep, we can stay here. Our friend can't enter."

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya nods. "That would be best. I need to sleep, to get my spells back. Also, I'm going to try scrying in the morning before we leave. It's not one of my better talents, but it's still worth trying. The way Jehan acted... I have to wonder if he meant it when he said Talia scryed without luck."

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon nods. "Good points. I didn't think what rest you got last night would suffice for regaining spells. And, even if Jehan was speaking the truth, it could be that Panuel was in an area that blocked scrying, and maybe he has moved on by now."
Talon insists on helping around the temple in exchange for the shelter, so, she spends the remainder of the day moving heavy objects, splitting fire wood, and other onerous tasks the clerics were putting off, which Talon's strength makes much easier to accomplish.

When the ladies fail to emerge from the temple, the figure outside fumes. It paces restlessly for a time, then disappears. Occassionally through the night, it appears again, but does not enter or attack the temple.

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya also helps out around the temple, in less strenuous ways... providing music for the services and assisting those on kitchen duty.

Following a good night's sleep, she pulls Panuel's saddle and a rather large mirror from her haversack, finding Talon and settling into a quiet spot on the temple grounds to cast her scrying.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Talon was up with the dawn, practicing with her sword. After her work out, she makes sure all their supplies are in readiness, then settles down to relax while watching Katya scry.

MistyThorin

First Post
Katya holds the saddle, singing softly while gazing into the mirror and concentrating on Panuel. It takes longer than usual, but eventually he comes into focus, looking haggard and weary, but steadfastly traveling southwards in an area that Katya recognizes as being north of Greyhawk City. "Talon and I are coming," she whispers, sending a magical message through the scry, and is rewarded by a look of renewed hope crossing his face.

She and Talon set out to find him, their travels being delayed somewhat by the need to battle the creature following them. But they prevail in the end and locate Panuel. After taking a day to rest, Katya scryes for Jehan, Yelena, and Talia using the scarf Yelena gave her as a focus. Once located, the two women and the man set out to reunite with the others.

Remove ads