• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trailer Mufasa: The Lion King | Teaser Trailer

“Mufasa: The Lion King” enlists Rafiki to relay the legend of Mufasa to young lion cub Kiara, daughter of Simba and Nala, with Timon and Pumbaa lending their signature schtick. Told in flashbacks, the story introduces Mufasa as an orphaned cub, lost and alone until he meets a sympathetic lion named Taka—the heir to a royal bloodline. The chance meeting sets in motion an expansive journey of an extraordinary group of misfits searching for their destiny—their bonds will be tested as they work together to evade a threatening and deadly foe.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
The "Live" action Lion King must have been far more successful than I thought if they are making a prequel/sequel to it.
Seems to have made 1.6 billion dollars at the worldwide box office, the most for any animated movie ever.

Probably worth a sequel, although I imagine it might not do as well with way less nostalgia on an original story, and the "live action" remakes having lost steam for Disney.

Kaodi

Hero
Making Mufasa an orphan seems like a rather lame attempt to correct the problematic politics of the Lion King premise.

MarkB

Legend
Making Mufasa an orphan seems like a rather lame attempt to correct the problematic politics of the Lion King premise.
Also rather reminiscent of the Star Wars prequel retconning for Vader. Skywalker dynasty, you say? No, that goes back exactly one generation, to the guy who was magically created by the Force.

If it also gives Scar's origin story and how he got his scar, it might be interesting. Everything I heard was this was supposed to be a "live action" remake of the animated Lion King 2, but this sounds totally different from that.

Dausuul

Legend
What, there's a problem with a nation in which the royal family literally kill and eat their subjects, who are nevertheless expected to honor their predatory rulers and rapturously celebrate the birth of a new heir, and the whole business is dressed up in a gauzy ideology making it out to be the natural order of things?

...You know, now I think about it, "The Lion King" is a splendid allegory for real-world monarchy.

Remove ads