• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi-class Monk

Jon Potter

First Post
In Complete Adventurer I've seen the Ascetic series of Monk feats (ascetic Mage and ascetic Rogue, for example) that allows multi-classing and continued some limited advancement of certain Monk class features.

Furthermore, I've seen the Enlightened Fist Prestige Class in Complete Arcane which would dovetail nicely with the ascetic Mage feat.

My question is this: are there other Prestige Classes that work as well with the combos reflected in any of the other ascetic feats?

I know that the 3.0 book Sword and Fist had the Ninja of the Crescent Moon which allowed both continued (though limited) advancement of Monk abilities as well as a Sneak Attack progression. This would work quite well for a character taking advantage of the ascetic Rogue feat. Was this PrC ever updated to 3.5 anywhere?

Are there other "Multi-class Monk" Prestige Classes?

Last edited:

glass

(he, him)
I am pretty sure it is ascetic, not aesthetic. :p

Aside from that, I can't think of any other multi-class monk PrCs, although the ones you mentioned are probably fine for 3.0 as they are (IIRC, it's been a while since I have looked at them).

glass.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Well there was the tattooed monk prc in complete warrior. Tome of Battle: 9 Swords has the Shadow-Sun Ninja which works good with monk.

saucercrab

Explorer
Complete Divine has the sacred fist, for cleric/monks.

An issue of Dragon from a year or two ago had an article about air elemental monks, with PrCs for clerics, rogues, druids, & I think wizards to multiclass with monk. Don't remember the exact #, but it was an elemental-themed one, & the cover had an (elf?) chick with her back to you, but looking over her shoulder at you, holding a knife behind her back.

Jon Potter

First Post
saucercrab said:
Complete Divine has the sacred fist, for cleric/monks.

And that would work with the Ascetic Knight feat as well although it'd require a pretty major dip into the Paladin class to fulfill the 1st level divine spell casting requirement.

Storyteller01 said:
OA has multiclass monk PrC's, as well as rules for monks multiclassing back and forth with other base classes.

I'm not familiar with Oriental Adventures - ie, I don't own it. Seems like a possible buy for the future.

I was really just put on this idea because of the aforementioned ascetic feats.

Remove ads