Multiattack Feat

Necromantic

First Post
Curious, in MotW there is a [General] feat called Multiattack which allows a character who has "access" to natural forms of attacks through shapechanging or just naturally.

This give the character the ability to use all natural forms of attacks all at once albiet a -2 penalty vs. a -5 penalty (correct me if i'm wrong of course), so a druid wildshaped as a bear would get a claw/claw/bite at -2 versus -5 for the additional modes of attack.

My question (finally), a polymorphed character has "access" to natural forms of attacks although the spell itself does not grant him/her additional attack modes just whatever is based on their BAB.

Would a polymorphed character with the Multiattack feat (and all it's prereq's) gain the same benefit?

i.e. a wizard polymorphed into a black dragon (under 15HD of course), get a bite, claw, claw, wing, and tail attack ? Or any extra attacks.

Other examples are welcome.

ruleslawyer

Yes, but at wizard BAB and with none of the dragon's usual deadly assortment of feats. Plus you'd need a high-level wizard to do this for any but the smallest dragons, due to the HD limit.

Tzarevitch

First Post
Necromantic said:
Curious, in MotW there is a [General] feat called Multiattack which allows a character who has "access" to natural forms of attacks through shapechanging or just naturally.

This give the character the ability to use all natural forms of attacks all at once albiet a -2 penalty vs. a -5 penalty (correct me if i'm wrong of course), so a druid wildshaped as a bear would get a claw/claw/bite at -2 versus -5 for the additional modes of attack.

My question (finally), a polymorphed character has "access" to natural forms of attacks although the spell itself does not grant him/her additional attack modes just whatever is based on their BAB.

Would a polymorphed character with the Multiattack feat (and all it's prereq's) gain the same benefit?

i.e. a wizard polymorphed into a black dragon (under 15HD of course), get a bite, claw, claw, wing, and tail attack ? Or any extra attacks.

Other examples are welcome.

I would say yes to all of your examples. He should get the monster's full attack rate.

Tzarevitch

Necromantic

First Post
Perhaps a wizard was a poor example.

Here's a better example a 10th level Psychic Warrior with the 4th level power Polymorph...polymorphs into a dragon (insert color here) having the Ambidex, TWF, and Multiattack feat.

Does Multiattack and the newly polymorphed form give him all the natural attack of the dragon? (minus breath weapon etc).

His BAB would be +7/+2

Keeping in mind the newest FAQ/ruling on polymorph.

thanks
:D

Last edited:

Skaros

First Post
My understanding is that only the druid, through wild shape ability as re-written in MotW gains the full attacks of his wild shaped animal.

I think a wizard that polymorphs into a dragon would still only get a number of attacks per round as specified by his Base attack Bonus, although he could use any of the Dragon's natural weapons to make those attacks.

The druid would gain the full attack sequence of the animal he changes into each round (claw,claw,bite for a bear), regardless of BAB.

Otherwise the multiattack feat makes no sense for the druid. The benefit of the feat is that rather than using the +13/+13/+8 attack bonuses for claw/claw/bite as a bear, you would make the 3 attacks at +13/+13/+11.

I'm still thinking through all of this though, so perhaps someone could point out flaws in this line of reasoning...

-Skaros

Remove ads