• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclassing in Mutants and Masterminds

drnuncheon

Explorer
Kelleris said:
And I know there aren't any classes in M&M; I'm also not under the misapprehension that the archetypes are classes you have to stick to. Multiclassing is just the meta effect I'm trying to get - a broader array of powers at a lower level.

Which you get by spending your points differently - you just don't need to get any extra points for it.

Dr. Muncheon,

Nuncheon-with-an-n, let's keep our fictitious names in order.

it is true that some of the powers are still pretty useful at any level. But the workhorse powers demand that you keep them as high as possible to keep your character useful.

Again, not really true. A 1-level weakness will be hardly noticable at all. Even a 3-level weakness isn't insurmountable - I've played and GMed for plenty of characters who haven't maxed out according to their power level and they do just fine - often better than the ones who have maxed out, because they have more options.

This is one of those things that sounds like a great idea but doesn't hold up in actual play - it's just not that much of a weakness.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads