• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Murder in Baldur’s Gate

Trum

First Post
5 out of 5 rating for Murder in Baldur’s Gate

Used it to run 4E adventure for 4-5 lvl party of five. We ran a little of course, especially in the middle of things, but all had a great time and liked it a lot! + superb art + great maps and DM screen + interesting and nonlinear plot + a lot of useful fluff for DM + can be used as great Baldur's Gate sourcebook for your other adventures - why all great published adventures are designed for 1-3 lvl party?! - little motivation for cautious and prudent party, had to improvise a lot in the middle of adventure

Voort

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Murder in Baldur’s Gate

First off, don't pay $35 for this. Amazon has it for much less. Second, be sure to track down the two online-only PDF supplements on the WoTC website (one with monster stats, one with extra material for the adventure). Third, this is really two products. A setting guide and maps for Baldur's Gate, and an adventure to run in it. I found the setting part much more useful. The adventure is a good alternative to dungeon-based, politics-free campaigns, but it has a lot of moving parts that the DM has to keep track of. Be prepared to do a LOT of homework running this adventure. Overall, the product is a solid B+.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
4 out of 5 rating for Murder in Baldur’s Gate

I picked this up, along with the rest of the Sundering storyline and I'm not disappointed. I got it after all the core 5e books were out and downloaded the 5e online information from the D&D site to go with it.

Remove ads