Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Victim

First Post
(OOC: The big red button probably activates lethal mode or something. :) An abrubt shutdown of the Danger Room would be more problematic than turning off a dangerous tool, most likely. A hard reset might turn off the building that someone's standing in or something. Turning it off under the wrong conditions might be just as dangerous as leaving it on at the wrong time. So it might be set up to make turning it off a bit more difficult)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Wi-Fi: AC 14 (flat 12), T +7, F+8, R+11, W+8 (immunity mental descripter); COVER

Shoot, thinks Kenny. This thing must be resistant to mental abilities... heh, just like me. Also means I can't do much to it.

Kenny Broadcasts to all in the courtyard melee and within the danger room. +This is Wi-Fi. This kid-thing appears to be highly psi-resistant, I can't do much to it and it would explain why Ms. Gray collapse and why I haven't' heard from the Professor yet... I'm not gonna be much good in this fight but I can provide you all with the ability to communicate mentally with eachother; its like whispering, but project your small voice outward, the others will hear you. Who knows, maybe this kid-thing can be caught off-guard by non-obvious tactics.+

That said, and the internal thought network set up, Kenny attempts to read the kid's mind... mostly to determine whether its even possible, but secondarily to determine what it wants and what its plan is.

OOC: Still behind cover, not moving. Free action to communicate, Standard action to use Mind Reading. -Fatigued-
Mental Communication +10
Mind Reading +10 (EX: Sense-link)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Quarterback (Danger Room)

Since it looks like between Miranda, Pyro, and Jean, the people in the observation room ought to have some way of letting them out, Eric's going to wait for a bit, hoping Gwen's okay.

Jemal

Adventurer
-Danger Room-

Miranda searches futilely through the controls until Pyro points out that they're wasting time, and motions for her to step back as he flicks open his lighter, blasting the control pannel with an intense wave of heat. The panel flickers and melts, and the danger room goes dark. When the emergency lighting comes back on, the team is now standing in the empty danger room, and can begin their journey to the front yard. That's when they hear the scream from the control room and see pyro fly through the glass, falling through the air.

-Astral Plane-
Gwen, Jean, and Xavier continue running from the unseen horror behind them, getting hopelessly lost,

-Front Yard-

[sblock=Initiative]
24 Wolverine
21 V-kid
20 Wi-Fi
18 Shadowcat
15 Princess Powerful
12 Calypso
9 Alchemist
8 Xi'an
3 Phase
[/sblock]

Wolverine pries himself out of the bushes and once again throws himself at the kid, who again manages to deflect the claws with ease, and this time focuses his energies solely on wolverine, throwing him OVER the mansion with his telekinetic powers. "nuisance dealt with. Aquiring next target..."

Wi-fi's mental warning reaches everybody but those in the danger room, and he can sense the interference has intensified in there. His mind reading finds little to grab onto, but he thinks if he concentrated harder, he might be able to breach the kids defenses.

Shadowcat remains stunned for a moment as Princess Powerful winds up and unleashes a massive haymaker at the kid. He barely tries to block the little girls punch and pays the price as he is sent sailing backwards to crash into the gate a hundred feet behind him. (bruised, stunned)

Calypso's water tentacles snap out at the kid but miss as he sails backwards past them.

Alchemist again tries to slam the sidewalk against the kid, but manages only to hit the gate beside him (miss).

Cyclops looks grogily up at Xi'an. "I don't know, kiddo, but we can't let him hurt anybody else." He groans as he struggles to his feet.

Phase picks up a rock and hurls it at the kid, transforming it into a ball of fire as it flies, striking the kid and searing his arm. (1 lethal).

drothgery

First Post
Quarterback (Danger Room)

Unable to do anything for Gwen, Quarterback puts her down carefully, and tries to think of who might be able to help her. His first choices would have been the Proffesor and Dr. Grey, but both seem caught up in this with her.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Danger Room]
Miranda screamed as something within the control room exploded, causing Pryo to be flung out of the window. Fearing that Pyro would be seriously hurt, Miranda concentrated as she flew towards him and wrapped her arms around him, once again trying to make him insubstantial so that when the would impact against the floor it would not harm them even though she has a feeling that she'll be on the verge of passing out afterwards.

[sblock=Actions]
Hero Points: 1
Current Condition: Fatigued
Free Action 1: Change to insubstantial
Move: Fly to Pyro (then free fall)
Standard: Grapple (Just in case): 14 -1 = 13
Free Action 2: Extra Effort > Power Stunt: Alternate Power
Insubstantial 4 [24pp]: Alteration, Free Action, Personal Range, Duration: Sustained, Affected by Electricity. Extras: Affects Others (+1)
New Condition: Exhausted

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Since the girl up in the control room was apparently having some trouble from the lack of progress, Temper helpfully offers "We may be able to walk you through the controls from" - there's a reddish flash in the control room and the room goes dark. She grins, That's another way to do things.

She dashes for the entrance, stumbling as Wi-Fi's message reaches the characters. The mutant cries out "PSYCHIC ASSAULT!" and attempts to screen her thoughts. As Pyro falls from the control room, she wanders, How many people will we lose just trying to get out of this room?! Well, Colossus and that ghost girl are right there. "I'll head up to the control room and check for other injuries."

[sblock]How long for the emergency lighting to come on? Something about the timing seems kind of weird. Especially since the psychic interference seems centered around the danger room, and not up top where the only current known enemy is.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
**OOC**

For anybody keeping track, the 'psychic interference' seems to be originating from two places : The front yard, and the Danger room.
There are two Likely hypothesis: Either there's two villains, or the interference is actually radiating from the psychics (Jean Gry, Prof X, and Gwen).

ALSO, things I forgot to state in my last post, RE: Danger Room
Pyro was falling through the air as the lights came back on. It took only a few seconds for the emergency lighting to flicker on, and no Miranda didn't see what happened, though she can tell it wasn't an explosion - Nothing exploded. there was some flickering and melting and short circuits, but no explosion. Pyro just seemed to go flying through the glass as though struck by some unseen force.

ALSO, So far the following players haven't posted since My update:
Caros (Alchemist) - Won't be returning.
Lobo Lurker (Wi-Fi)
Insight (Gwen)
Shayuri (Calypso)
ShaggySpellsword (Desert Ghost)
Milagroso (Lightspeed)
Imerak (Molly)

IF you guys could post ASAP so I know who's still in the game, please (Or if you know why someone's not posting)? I plan on... doing something... about the ones who won't be coming back.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
After hitting the ground in her ghost form, Miranda closed her eyes and smiled contently. If they were solid, she had a feeling they would have broke a bone or two. Unfortunately, Pyro he still had to deal with what ever injuries he sustained prior she used her power. She on the other hand was feeling drained and will probably spend the next several moments resting.

To think... moment's before she was plotting to ruin Pyro's reputation and just now she endangered herself to say him. For the first time in her life, she felt like a hero...

[Sblock] I actually interpreted the flash as and explosion. my bad. [/sblock]

Remove ads