Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

drothgery

First Post
"The back seat of my car is a bit cramped," Eric mentions. "And, well, unless Prof. Summers insists, I'm driving."

OOC: The students who had been there for more than a few weeks know Eric drives a seven-year-old BMW 3-series convertible that's in excellent condition, a hand-me-down from when Dr. Hassell got a new car shortly before Eric came to Prof. Xavier's School for the Gifted.

Victim

First Post
Jemal said:
Scott hung the phone up, jaw clenched and he looked at the students gathered around him as Phase and Temper moved in "What, were you ALL in on this? Fine, looks like we've got no choice now. I need the others here to keep an eye on the school... Alchemist, Kitty, Miranda, and Pyro are all on their way to Manhattan, and somebody's got to go after them." He let out a resigned Sigh and started walking towards the basement. "Well come if you're coming, I don't have time to figure out who to take. If you think you can help, then try to keep up... Damit, where the hell is Logan when I need him?"

"Are you going after to compel them to return, or to counter attack the people going after them?" she asks, following Cyclops towards the basement.

Caros

First Post
"Home sweet home." He murmured, the car finally slowing down to reasonable speeds as they hit New York City limits. Luckily they'd shown up early, avoiding most of the rush hour traffic as they drove.

Aware of the fact that, as teenagers are so oft to do, everyone had gone off on their own things, including telling Scott, Alchemist skimmed the baxter building heading deeper into the city. Ironically enough, they passed under St. Nicolas' terrace on the way, eliciting a soft chuckle from Alchemist.

"You're going to need to hide soon Kitty, I'll be getting out a short distance from where I'm going. Its a condo building on 58th and 9th. Tallest building around, trust me you can't miss it." He said, his eyes scaning the buildings around them at every red light, the touch of wonder in his eyes a hint at just how much he missed his home.

Parking, ironically was the hardest part of their journey, the car just barely wedged into a spot 'too small' for it with the help of Alchemist's powers. As he got out of the car, he ducked back in, flashing kitty one final smile. "Be careful." Plucking out his pack, he started the scant few blocks to his old home, headed for the roof.

kirinke

First Post
"I'm coming, if only to say 'I told you so' to Nic when we catch up with him," Serena quipped, underneath the joking, you can tell she's serious about helping.

Shayuri

First Post
Taken aback by how quickly she'd been eclipsed by events, Astrid watches everyone walk away.

Unless they were fleeing to or on a river, she decides, there wasn't much she could do to help. She'd just wanted to tell Scott...but even that had been done by someone else.

Finally she turns and trudges back to her room, though she pauses to read the message first.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
During their drive to Manhattan, Miranda decided to test the range of her life force sensing powers by focusing on a man who was changing the tire on his car. As soon as she failed to sense him, she glanced at the car's odometer and grinned when she saw the distance, about 4/10s of a mile. Miranda glanced at Pyro as a plan formed in her mind. "I'll need you to drive once we reach Manhattan since it would be too hard for me to search for Alchemist while I'm driving."

Moments later, after closing the final bridge into Manhattan, Miranda pulled off to the side of the road and exchanged seats with Pyro. "Alright heres the plan, I want you to drive down Park Ave passed the Baxter Building to check if he's there before swinging around to that school from the picture." She smiled a little, "That of course is assuming that he's stupid enough not to go someplace where he would be able to blend into a crowd. If worse comes to worse, I might have to fly around and search for Nicolas while talking to you on the phone. However, I don't think that having us separate like that would would be the brightest of ideas."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Shayuri said:
Unless they were fleeing to or on a river, she decides, there wasn't much she could do to help.

OOC Note: Either the Hudson River and/or the Atlantic Ocean is not far from most of the New York City metro area. And although I don't know if there's a 'canon' location for Prof. Xavier's School for the Gifted, interstate 87 (which runs from NYC to Albany and connects with I-90 to the rest of the major upstate cities) parallels the Hudson. Just for reference.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
-School-

Phase also decides to stay behind, Following Calypso as they leave the little group of 'x-kids'.

Scott responds to Temper's question "Depends on how things are when we get there. I don't want to put anybody in more danger than we have to, so if I can get them out of there without waiting for the enemy to attack, I will. Unfortunately, I've got a feeling that's not going to be quite so easy."
As they walk through the basement, Scott flicks on a light in what they thought was yet another garage, revealing the X-jet as he glances over at Eric, whose sentence is just trailing off
"Mine's Bigger. And I do very much insist on driving." With that he pushes a button on his key ring, striding towards the jet as the ramp descends "Lets go get back my car and our missing students."

-Others-
Will be updated next post for continuity reasons. sry

[sblock=ooc]
OK, current situation :
Alchemist is on the roof of a tall condo, Kitty's hiding somewhere nearby(Is this condo Alchemists old home, or what?). Miranda and Pyro are driving around the big apple looking for him. Cyclops, Temper, Sparky, and Quarterback are in the X-jet heading to NY, Spike and Wolverine are in the woods fighting an animate tree, and Calypso (And all other NPCs) are at the school.
Did I miss anybody?
[/sblock]

Remove ads