TSR My BECM Gazetteer Collection is Complete!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Behold, my collection of freshly Printed-on-Demand Gazetteers, in all its radiant splendor!

20220331_143815.jpg

It's finally complete, after all these years of waiting! Nope, not a single book missing. No sir.

(Your collection might look...slightly different...from my own, though. And that's okay.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I can't believe it took so long to get a copy of "The Five Shires." But it was well worth the wait...the print is very good quality. Not quite "original print" quality, but better than some of the older PODs like "The Northern Reaches."

I'm satisfied with the collection as a whole, though, and I'd recommend them to any Mystara fans out there who might want to fill out the gaps in their collection. And I'd be happy to answer any questions ya'll might have about them, like content or print quality.

Except with regard to Gaz10, "The Orcs of Thar." I don't own a POD copy of that one, and I sold my original one long, long ago. But I'll do my best to tell you what I remember of it.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
How are the maps?
To be honest? Not great. They vary from book to book, though. I assume you were referring to "The Five Shires"?

The books were originally full-color, but the POD copies are printed in black-and-white (except for the full-color maps in the back, but I'll get to those). The images ended up printing in grayscale, so they look fuzzy and are a little hard to read:

20220331_152242.jpg
20220331_152228.jpg

Pages from "The Five Shires."

The original full-color poster map is included in the POD. Well, sort of.

Because of the printer limitations, the original poster-sized fold out map was chopped up into 8.5x11 double-sided panels, and added to the end of the book as an appendix. It's better than nothing, but it's hard to use as intended. Which is unfortunate, because they are otherwise of excellent quality:

20220331_152306 (1).jpg

The poster-sized full-color map from "The Five Shires." It's no longer poster-sized.

The good news is that the PDF version (which I got for an extra $2 with the purchase of the POD copy) is a full-color scan...so the images in the PDF are full color. And that poster-sized fold out map is still poster-sized in the PDF, so if you have a wide-platen printer (or your local printing service has one), you can print your own posters.

But for fans of fantasy cartography? The POD maps might be a deal-breaker.

Last edited:

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity, as I've never ordered a POD via the DM's Guild... if you were to order several POD items together, would you be charged shipping for each individual item? Or do you save on shipping if you order multiple items at the same time?

Remove ads