My Comic & Game store got broken into and burgled.

A stero shop I worked at back when I was in my twenties had been broken into several times. The owner had a pretty intimidating dog he would leave in the store once we closed (he kept the dog in a fenced in area out back). I'm not sure how much of a deterrent the dog was but I'm sure it made some think twice. It wasn't 100% effective though. A clever burglar threw a steak into the bathroom and closed the dog up. The thief was then free to take whatever they wanted. Sorry your shop was broken into, that's a bummer.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm very sorry to hear this. My second home on the sea was burglarized a couple of times. Even though nothing of real value was taken (since there was nothing of value to be taken), it was still a painful thing to deal with.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Really sorry to hear that Fitz. It’s so unfair. I’m sure it’s a relief your business can bear it but it sucks that you have to, when you could have used that $4k somewhere else.

If be wary about spending a fortune on security. In my time I’ve seen burglars cut through ceilings, cut through stud walls with angle grinders and I’ve been burgled for a till with £120 in it. The till that was worth 5 times the cash inside it was found down the road smashed.

There’s some really good advice here. That hopefully won’t cost too much. It’s British but the same principles apply I think…

Good luck with it.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Yeah, I thought that I was handling it in stride, with a general "Stuff Happens" attitude, but if I look deeper, I'm feeling pretty violated. I had a hard time going to bed last night, wondering if my "baby" would be safe this time... I guess it will take some time to recover.
That is natural. It almost always gets better in time.

I went from sleeping with a weapon in a recliner to setting the alarm and realizing things are generally ok.

Hang in there! Things will improve in time. Hope people in your area know what happens and buy a bunch extra!

Remove ads