Release My game is live now: VI·VIII·X KUP RPG

aia_2

Custom title
Hi fellows, it is a great pleasure to present the RPG I have just completed in its core rules: VI·VIII·X KUP RPG.

This is a project which took me ages to have its first phase done (at least!). I must say thanks to mr Covid19 who gave me a lot of time to dedicate on it... (sad to say, but during the lockdown I decided to focus on a project in order not to lose the overall direction...)

Well, the rules are now in a playtest version and, along with them I have made up some supplements to support the playtest. Every product is listed here: § Products §

Being a playtest and, moreover, having a target quite far from harvesting revenues and glory, I priced my stuff at a very 'popular' level (the core rules are a 216-page hardback at 15 euro!). In addition, all the digital versions of the supplements are PWYW (i.e. you can grab them at zero!).

My first thought in order to introduce my game goes to the KUP acronym: this is one of the core parts of my overall target. This acronym has a meaning deeper than the words it represent and I tried to explain this in these two posts here:
The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)
The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

I really hope you might be interested in my project! In case I am here or at VI·VIII·X KUP RPG, happy to reply to any question!

As a last thought, I don't want to sound pretentious but I am happy to think that this game is my special Xmas present to all the RPGers who love these games and are always looking for new experiences!

Thanks in advance a lot to all of you

aia_2

Custom title
Hello, I do understand that the game, or better, the idea of the game, has to be explained...
I don't want to copy & paste or rewrite something I wrote some time ago, therefore my suggestion is to have a look at some of the posts on the game's blog. The first one, is for those who want to understand the contents of the main book: https://6810kuprpg.blogspot.com/2022/03/core-rules-what-is-u...

Then for those who want to have further details, I wrote some posts where i focus on a specific feature of the set of rules. The posts are the following:
Morality -> https://6810kuprpg.blogspot.com/2022/03/core-rules-deep-dive...
Magic system -> https://6810kuprpg.blogspot.com/2022/03/core-rules-deep-dive...
Sequence of the game -> https://6810kuprpg.blogspot.com/2022/04/core-rules-deep-dive...

If you like to read more, there are some other 'deep dives' available on the blog... I will point them out in a next post, for the time being I will be happy to hear comments on these ones!

Thanks and ciaooo

aia_2

Custom title
Hya, some more info about VI·VIII·X KUP RPG!

Firstly after some overall info and the 'deep dives', I am pleased to introduce a post where I try to explain the main reasons leading me to write this game:

Then, I defined how to manage the playtest, here below the post about this topic:

There is not really a 'starting date' for the playtest, for the sake of simplicity, I will assume Jan 1st 2023 as the launch.

As usual, any comment or clarification (here or directly on the blog) is more than welcome!

I will keep you updated!

aia_2

Custom title
Hi everybody! The fact I do not regularly post updates here is due to the works I am currently carrying out for the game... I am writing a quickstart (not too difficult to my eyes) and a revised 'presentation' according to several suggestions! The later is by far more difficult for my capabilities! In the meanwhile, to keep me motivated and active, I posted an update today here:

In January, I added some (hopefully) useful insights on the most relevant features of the game. These are the related links to the posts:

I did these posts to complete the 'deep dive' series on my blog: with them I have a nearly complete description of my game! That will be the base for the 'revised presentation' of the VI·VIII·X game!

...as usual, any comment or suggestion is more than welcome! Have a great weekend and thanks!
ciaooo

aia_2

Custom title
Sorry, I forgot to add also an interesting finding!

This is an interesting piece of info from an historical perspective rather than a 'reason why' to my benefit!

Well, some fellows from the online communities I attend have recently pointed me out that what I call 'KUP model' is an idea which is followed by other people... firstly the KUP is close to the Frei Kriegspiel or FKR (imho, FKR is a total veiling, KUP is a partial veiling of the mechanics) and what is amazing is that following a trace of one of these guys I found out that this is as old as D&D!

Seriously: in 1975 mr Sandy Eisen wrote to Gygax about this aspect of the game... and Gygax replied!

If you're interested in some more details, I have written this post:

Ciaooo

aia_2

Custom title
Apologies if I leave this update only now!

I pushed my search on the origins of morality in d&d further and reported it here:

I really hope this additional picture on one of the most important features in an RPG for me will help to outline its relevance!

Thanks and enjoy!

aia_2

Custom title
Apologies if I didn't leave any recent update!
Hereby some posts about the VI.VIII.X game:

And here below some other posts about rpgs in general:

aia_2

Custom title
Hi fellows, this communication to let you know that I created a new site for the VI·VIII·X KUP RPG. From today you will find the pages of my game on Substack:

VI·VIII·X KUP RPG | GMaia | Substack

This platform is highly more effective than the old blog since it still has the features of a blog and, in addition by subscribing, you will also get the contents in form of newsletter directly in your mailbox. Therefore I find it extremely useful to invite you to subscribe to my new page either on the "Subscribe" page or you can do it even by reading any post at its end. By doing this, you will get any future post in your inbox as a newsletter.

This can be very handy as I am currently working on a quickstart of the core rules and you can get updares on the development and the publication without accessing the web page (should you be annoyed by my updates, you can unsubscribe at any time!).

Thanks a lot for your attention and I really look forward to seeing you on my new page, ciaoo

Remove ads