• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Here's how it happened...

First, the party was captured and put to work in th slave mines of Ardanythe (an island far, far away). The work there is a most terrible toil and affects the slaves greatly. After 6 days, one of the PCs had lost 2 points of temp. Constitution and had has gotten the "Shakes" and lost 6 points of temp. Dexterity. It was only a matter of time for them.

Second, one of the NPCs rallied the pirates aboard the pirate ship that brought the PCs to the island and they mounted a rescue. It was quite an operation from the get-go. Failing climb rolls; stumbling into guard patrols; said guard patrols escaping and raising the alarm; said rescue party getting killed. A long-term NPC died in that battle (R.I.P Canter Welby).

Finally, the PCs found what they had come after and mounted an escape attempt along with a large half-ogrun(ogre) NPC. The final part of the escape was a long swim underwater to the ocean (think the escape in The 13th Warrior ). The first two PCs made it, no problem. Then, I had one of the PCs roll for the NPC and he drowns...20' from the surface. The last PC was rolling well until the last roll and he had to make a Fort. save to avoid drowning...and he failed. Lucky for him that he still had one Hero Point left and it carried him through.

So, there you have it. My PCS almost had a twin TPK in one session. I also learned that it was the last time I let MEG Hal play one of my NPCs...:D

MEG Hal

First Post
Morpheus said:

So, there you have it. My PCS almost had a twin TPK in one session. I also learned that it was the last time I let MEG Hal play one of my NPCs...:D

First off I lost 13 pts of dex (two bad fort saves), and while I may roll like &%#$# I can role play quite well. So well that I am still feeling like poop after the guys left last night I had the shakes, chills and felt sore all over (no not SARS) and still feel crappy today, so I determined I am having sympathy pains for my PC :p .
And I was rolling bad all day, why he had me roll for the NPC--who knows?

All in all it was a "bad" session for the PC's while quite an interesting one for the players.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

MEG Hal said:

All in all it was a "bad" session for the PC's while quite an interesting one for the players.

And the Dm as well...:cool:

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

Morpheus said:

And the DM as well...:cool:

True dat!

But my late night e-mail in my fevered state was kinda cool, right? Shows that at one time I did write RPG stuff :eek: ;)

Well at least you guys took Canter with you, it would have been worth getting wasted to see him buy the farm.

Even the darkest cloud can have a silver linning.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Re: Re: Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

MEG Hal said:

True dat!

But my late night e-mail in my fevered state was kinda cool, right? Shows that at one time I did write RPG stuff :eek: ;)

Yes, it was quite an interesting read. There's only one problem: How can you guys lose some stuff next session if you don't own anything?;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

Morpheus said:

Yes, it was quite an interesting read. There's only one problem: How can you guys lose some stuff next session if you don't own anything?;)

Wow, the group loosing everything they own. :eek: They could always borrow more money from Canter...oh, uh maybe not.:D

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

Morpheus said:

I was telling a player who missed yesterday's session what happened (Ken) and told him once again we did what we needed to do but owe a butt load of money and lost all of our equipment-AGAIN. Losing money/stuff happens at least once every other session, I am the only 4th lvl PC that owns nothing and has a debt that could finance a small village, it is getting comically frustrating.

SOotL--Canter quit his other job and was actually a NPC who was with us, no money owed etc, a real party member, we do not know if he is dead, but if not he is a slave, so either way that should make you happy :D

Last edited:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Party Almost set A Record...2 TPKs in One Session!

MEG Hal said:

Losing money/stuff happens at least once every other session, I am the only 4th lvl PC that owns nothing and has a debt that could finance a small village, it is getting comically frustrating.

At least you have your health. Ah, my mistake...:D

SOotL--Canter quit his other job and was actually a NPC whos was with us, no money owed etc, a real party member, we do not know if he is dead, but if not he is a slave, so either way that should make you happy

I can't help it, no matter how hard i try, i still hate Canter.:D

It is good to here Morpheus didn't stop being a Rat Bastard after i left. The horrible things he does to his players are far more fun second hand.

Remove ads