Mythic Heroes Saves the Day!

Fenris

Adventurer
Hey Wulf,
Wanted to share an epiphany with you. I have been in PbP game here for a while. And one of the characters has just been annoying the heck out of me since the begining. Constantly seeking strife, actively sabotaging my diplomacy, and being a real pain. He's a rogue in every sense of the word. And it has been really sticking in my craw of late. I mean it's great role-playing and all but is seems to distract from the party and the plot.

Then I sit down to re-read Mythic Heroes (getting ready to finally run Seven Saxons). And it hits me. My character, the fighter, is the Hero, and this other guy is the classic Trickster. I mean the description you wrote fit him to a 't'. That helped kind of put his role in perspective in the overall scheme. And as I read everyone in the party fell into perfect MH categories, the mentor, the Maiden.

So thanks again for writing (OK, summarizing) these roles. MH not only adds that extra mythic heroism, but it really helps with role-playing as well. And boy has this game played these mythic roles well.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Glad to be of service.

Of course you realize, if you buy into the Mythic stuff at all, it's inevitable that you will all fall into various roles... :D

Remove ads