• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

N.O.W. Playtest Draft (Jan 2015)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have just uploaded N.O.W. Playtest Draft (Jan 2015) to the downloads area.

80s action, martial arts, and supercars! This is the first draft of the N.O.W. playtest. It's not as pretty as the other playtest documents - it's just the text, but we wanted to get it to you ASAP without spending a month on formatting! Enjoy, and please let us know what you think!

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Note that you DO need to manually apply the playtest updates in this file - this was written before the update document was released.

Last edited:

RisTigger

First Post
Well that was awesome. I love the martial arts and I'm going to be plugging those into my game ASAP!

One thing I noticed, you forgot to mention the career discounts for powers, though its explained in the Chi preview.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Thank you RisTigger! That made my night! :D

You have made an excellent catch! Looking over the document I sent over the other night, I realize that this paragraph got lost in the mix somewhere. It should be under STANCES & TECHNIQUES on page 127:
Certain Stances make techniques cheaper to perform, depending on the background of the character attempting them (these never stack; having both careers for a given stance is the same as having one). A character only receives discounts on powers of an original chi point cost equal to or less than their level in the associated career (for example, a martial artist with Kung Fu III would only pay 2 chi points to perform Hand as Rock, but still has to pay 4 chi points to perform Tumbling Boulder).​

I'm terribly sorry about that! I remember moving about the order of information in this chapter and cannot believe I managed to miss such a crucial piece of information. Thank you for pointing it out!

Remove ads