D&D 1E N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God (AD&D 1E) and N2 The Forest Oracle (AD&D 1E) released in POD format on DriveThruRPG!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
WotC has just made N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God ($11.99) and N2 The Forest Oracle ($9.99) available for print-on-demand over on DriveThruRPG!

The first two adventures in the Novice series of AD&D 1E releases, N1 and N2 are well-known to gaming aficionados today, though it's fair to say that's more a case of infamy than fond remembrance. While N1 is generally regarded as having succeeded more than it failed, a recurring anecdote is that the maze near the troglodytes in the book has no exit, an error that was never corrected in any printing. One can only lament all the PCs who fell victim to this devious trap. :p

N2, however, is an adventure whose ill-repute is far more substantial. But don't take my word for it: go check out Quasqueton's old thread about the worst TSR adventure modules ever published. N2 is the very first one brought up.

These are the latest books to be given a print on demand option from WotC, following B12 Queen's Harvest (BECMI), B10 Night's Dark Terror (B/X), CM2 Death's Ride (BECMI), GAZ2 The Emirates of Ylaruam (BECMI), CM1 Test of the Warlords (BECMI), GAZ11 The Republic of Darokin (BECMI), GAZ12 The Golden Khan of Ethengar (BECMI), GAZ9 The Minrothad Guilds (BECMI), GAZ10 The Orcs of Thar (BECMI), GAZ4 The Kingdom of Ierendi (BECMI), GAZ5 The Elves of Alfheim (BECMI), CM8 The Endless Stair (BECMI), Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy (D&D 5E), the d20 Modern Core Rulebook, Urban Arcana (d20 Modern), d20 Dark Matter (d20 Modern), Chainmail: Rules for Medieval Miniatures, L3 Deep Dwarven Delve (AD&D 1E), A Guide to the Ethereal Plane (Planescape), DLR3 Unsung Heroes (Dragonlance 2E), Dungeon Master's Guide 2 (4E), Monster Manual 3 (4E), and Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale (4E), and City of the Spider Queen (Forgotten Realms 3.5). While H1 Bloodstone Pass (AD&D 1E) was given a POD release, this was later removed for unknown reasons, but has subsequently been restored.

Other recent releases include X4 Master of the Desert Nomads (B/X), B7 Rahasia (BECMI) and DLT2 Book of Lairs (Dragonlance 2E), DLS4 Wild Elves (Dragonlance 2E), Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (Greyhawk 2E), WGM1 Border Watch (Greyhawk 2E), The Book of Lairs (Forgotten Realms 2E), AC10 Bestiary of Dragons & Giants (BECMI), Halls of Undermountain (4E), the War Captain's Companion (Spelljammer), PC3 Creature Crucible: The Sea People (BECMI), Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Cormyr (Forgotten Realms 2E), the Dark Sun Boxed Set (the original one for AD&D 2E), Campaign Option: Council of Wyrms, and the Planescape Campaign Setting.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

GuyBoy

Hero
“A group of print-on-demanders approach. They are downloading a module, neither quickly or slowly. Their faces are expressionless. One is dressed as a 90s grunger and another as a travelling salesmen. The others could be students or EN Worlders. Each carries some form of mobile device. It is obvious they are not Daleks because they are walking not rolling. They do not seem to be blogging or eating Dunkin’ Donuts as they approach.”

Gotta get me some Forest Oracle.....or not.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
The first two adventures in the Novice series of AD&D 1E releases, N1 and N2 are well-known to gaming aficionados today, though it's fair to say that's more a case of infamy than fond remembrance. While N1 is generally regarded as having succeeded more than it failed, a recurring anecdote is that the maze near the troglodytes in the book has no exit, an error that was never corrected in any printing. One can only lament all the PCs who fell victim to this devious trap. :p

Something my remix zine fixes by eliminating the maze and re-drawing all the maps (because my used copy was missing them when I first got my hands on it :ROFLMAO: )

Orius

Legend
“A group of print-on-demanders approach. They are downloading a module, neither quickly or slowly. Their faces are expressionless. One is dressed as a 90s grunger and another as a travelling salesmen. The others could be students or EN Worlders. Each carries some form of mobile device. It is obvious they are not Daleks because they are walking not rolling. They do not seem to be blogging or eating Dunkin’ Donuts as they approach.”

Gotta get me some Forest Oracle.....or not.
So where are the acrobats?

Yeah, I think I'll pass on N2.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Looks like they have added N3 Destiny of Kings and N4 Treasure Hunt for sale as Print on Demand.

ratcat

Villager
WotC has just made N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God ($11.99) and N2 The Forest Oracle ($9.99) available for print-on-demand over on DriveThruRPG!

N2, however, is an adventure whose ill-repute is far more substantial. But don't take my word for it: go check out Quasqueton's old thread about the worst TSR adventure modules ever published. N2 is the very first one brought up.

These are the latest books to be given a print on demand option from WotC, following B12 Queen's Harvest (BECMI), B10 Night's Dark Terror (B/X), CM2 Death's Ride (BECMI), GAZ2 The Emirates of Ylaruam (BECMI), CM1 Test of the Warlords (BECMI), GAZ11 The Republic of Darokin (BECMI), GAZ12 The Golden Khan of Ethengar (BECMI), GAZ9 The Minrothad Guilds (BECMI), GAZ10 The Orcs of Thar (BECMI), GAZ4 The Kingdom of Ierendi (BECMI), GAZ5 The Elves of Alfheim (BECMI), CM8 The Endless Stair (BECMI), Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy (D&D 5E), the d20 Modern Core Rulebook, Urban Arcana (d20 Modern), d20 Dark Matter (d20 Modern), Chainmail: Rules for Medieval Miniatures, L3 Deep Dwarven Delve (AD&D 1E), A Guide to the Ethereal Plane (Planescape), DLR3 Unsung Heroes (Dragonlance 2E), Dungeon Master's Guide 2 (4E), Monster Manual 3 (4E), and Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale (4E), and City of the Spider Queen (Forgotten Realms 3.5). While H1 Bloodstone Pass (AD&D 1E) was given a POD release, this was later removed for unknown reasons, but has subsequently been restored.

Other recent releases include X4 Master of the Desert Nomads (B/X), B7 Rahasia (BECMI) and DLT2 Book of Lairs (Dragonlance 2E), DLS4 Wild Elves (Dragonlance 2E), Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (Greyhawk 2E), WGM1 Border Watch (Greyhawk 2E), The Book of Lairs (Forgotten Realms 2E), AC10 Bestiary of Dragons & Giants (BECMI), Halls of Undermountain (4E), the War Captain's Companion (Spelljammer), PC3 Creature Crucible: The Sea People (BECMI), Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (Forgotten Realms 2E), Volo's Guide to Cormyr (Forgotten Realms 2E), the Dark Sun Boxed Set (the original one for AD&D 2E), Campaign Option: Council of Wyrms, and the Planescape Campaign Setting.

Maze near the Trogs? have no clue what your talking about

ratcat

Villager

recurring anecdote is that the maze near the troglodytes in the book has no exit,
I own several versions of this module including two paper copies one 1st printing another to replace the damage from over use... I have no idea what your talking about in the above quote... what Maze?

ratcat

Villager
I personally think N1 is overrated and N2 is…. Properly rated.
you have a point, it needs needed alot of work, the flaws are monumental but it works over all with some Dm work. I have been working on digitizing all the changes i made over the years., little things like Farm Dogs, having some of the towns people be related. a cemetary pig farm down stream and wind rather than upstream and across from the temple proper, no faire grounds, no rubble from the temples construction, decent explanation of why the monks are there. Why Ramne is there... These are just some of my fixes..

Remove ads