Nakatura Valley game thread

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Whassat, boy?" asks Chen querelously getting to his feet and cupping a hand to his ear, "My family? Where? Oh! Them! Nope, they're just some folks that have kindly given me a place round the fire. Say, you're a long way from home, ain't you, son?". The old man's manner shifts abruptly at times from crotchety old codger to bewildered coot to shrewd sage in the blink of an eye.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim bows respectfully to the old man, somewhat unsure of how to deal with his sudden changes of behaviour. "It is as you say: I am far from home." He smiles somewhat sadly at the thought of a home that no longer exists for him but continues: "I would share the hospitality of your fire, if you are willing. But first I must find my friend and let him know of the shelter to be found here." Kerim maneuvers Riukh around to lead her out of the shelter and goes in search of Otaru.

mfrench

First Post
Kerim makes his way back to the storm, and wills himself to go out in search of his companion. Riukh objects, but is persuaded to stay with her trusted brother. The pair of them approach the stairs, unnatural in their size, and find a cascade of run-off water pouring down the steps. With a wet thump behind them, they turn to see Otaru in a heap at the foot of the opposite stairway, a dazed expression on his face.

Within, the cook seems to have lost her patience with the situation, and consults her husband behind the cart for some privacy. The younger girls have approached Chen, and are eager to hear more wild stories of his adventures. The young man mills about the fire, defending the cooking from the greedy hands of the girls, and eying the korobokuru suspiciously. The small stranger hums tunelessly with a dim-witted grin on his face, staring at the fire.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Otaru!" Kerim drops the reins and dashes over to his friend and traveling companion. Quickly he will check the man for injuries and try to help him to a more comfortable position(Heal +6). "What happened my friend? Did you slip? Can you stand? I have found shelter below." Kerim squints up at the top of the stair and tower looking to see how far Otaru might have fallen.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Now he was an awful nice feller, wasn't he?" says Chen to no-one in particular.

"Lemmee tell y'all about the time I faced down a hopping vampire..."

mfrench

First Post
Otaru is bruised, but conscious. "I'm alright, I just took the stairs with too much haste. I had an ill feeling of the ruins above. The tower appears to offer no shelter, and as I approached, it struck me as . . . wrong." With Kerim's help, he rises to his feet. "As much as I revere the living spirits of water, this storm is a little ridiculous. Let's get inside."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim helps Otaru inside if he needs it, and down to the shelter occupied by the other travelers. "Greetings, again, fellow travelers," says Kerim upon reentering. "This is the friend of which I spoke: Otaru." Kerim makes sure that Otaru is able to settle himself then tends to Riukh, unsaddling her, brushing her down, and the like. He unstraps the small carpet from the back of his saddle and unrolls it. The smell of damp wool wafts out to mix with the other odors confined within the small space and he lays the rug down on a relatively clear spot and makes himself comfortable.

mfrench

First Post
Introductions are made all around. Master Chen greets Otaru, and the family announces itself once more: Quan the father, Qi the mother, and the daughters, Wen, Yan, Lin, and Sun; their friend is Ye. Otaru greets them all as he comes to the fire, attempting to warm up and dry off. The korobokuru, who seems to have ignored the introductions yet again, seems to find the sight of the soaked shugenja to be quite amusing.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim nods to the family patriarch and his wife. "It is my pleasure to share this humble shelter with you, Master Quon, Mistress Qi." He nods to the daughters before turning to the old man. "Please excuse the interruption of your tale, Venerable Master. I hope to hear more of it soon." He smiles amiably at Chen and shifts a little to get more comfortable.

"It seems that the only person yet to be introduced is you Master Kor. As I have said, I am Kerim al-Asad and I have traveled from the far western wastes. And how shall I call you?"

mfrench

First Post
The short man's hairy face scrunches into a stupid grin as he blurts out "Call me what you like, horse-keeper, just don't call me late for dinner! HA!" He laughs for a moment, then says, "I'm just a woodsman, caught in the storm, when this family offered some dinner in exchange for a stack of my firewood," indicating the stack of wood on which he is seated. "And what will you be giving them for their trouble?"

Remove ads