• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nalurian (Alien Race)

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I have just uploaded Nalurian (Alien Race) to the downloads area.

Here is a race I worked up based on the D.C. Comics character Dream Girl, a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes. I'm still learning the nuances of the N.E.W. system. Hope this race finds its way into your campaigns!
Regards,
Brutorz Bill

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I was thinking since the Nalurian Dreamer is an Origin Career it might make more sense to change the years from 1d6 to 2d6 + 6. As I said I'm still learning the system and its different components. Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You gave them +1d6 to checks to access the ambush turn, and also said they always automatically access the ambush turn, which make the former bonus redundant.

Does the character have to make the CHA mental attack every turn to maintain the soothing words?

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Hello Morrus,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still learning the system. : )
What about taking off the part about "access to the ambush turn" but still give them a +1d6 bonus to INITIATIVE checks? or am I misunderstanding how initiative and combat works?
Precognition. A Dreamer's precognitive dreams gives her a +1d6 bonus to INITIATIVE checks.
As for the Soothing Words I was basing this ability on the Performer's Captivating ability. If I'm reading the Captivating ability correctly it only requires the initial attack roll and is in effect as long as the performer is singing, playing etc.
Thanks!

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I added the Dreamer Exploit seemed to fit the race. Made a few edits. Morrus would love to hear your input on the race? Am I still off on the Precognition exploit? or the Soothing Words exploit? Thanks! Love the versatility of the system.

Remove ads