Named demons

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
sources are very important for research purposes. that way, claims regarding one thing or another can be verified.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
One of my favorite named demons is the babau known as Kaxathros from the Dungeon adventure "Prism Keep". (Dungeon #45, pg. 61-62). INT genius; HD 8+14; +7 STR bonus; bardiche +1.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
there we go! :) i want to see more obscure stuff like that! most people wouldn't even think of looking that deep, so if you've got it, dig it up! :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BOZ said:
there we go! :) i want to see more obscure stuff like that! most people wouldn't even think of looking that deep, so if you've got it, dig it up! :)

You got it.

I'll take a look through some of my Dungeon Magazines, and get back to you. ;)

Thanael

Explorer
Alzrius said:
dyx said:
Well if Ebonbane is indeed from the same world as Morgoroth (sources?) then that great kingdom is not the same as the Great Kingdom on Oerth. Morgorth is afaik from the Known World or Mystara setting.
Just curious, can anyone cite sources for any of this? The novel Shadowborn not withstanding, I've read all the stuff on Ebonbane, and I didn't see anything to suggest a specific campaign world that he and the others came from.

According to Domains of Dread p.79 Meredoth the Darklord is from Mystara, formerly a baron in the Alphatian province of Norwold.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
dyx said:
According to Domains of Dread p.79 Meredoth the Darklord is from Mystara, formerly a baron in the Alphatian province of Norwold.

I know that, it's the Shadowborn clan and their adversaries I was asking about. People like Kateri and Alexi Shadowborn, Morgoroth, Ebonbane, Elena Faith-hold, etc.

Thanael

Explorer
Aah! Meredoth- Morgoroth-Manygoth. I mixed them up. AFAIK the origin of the Shadowborn, Elena Faith Hold, Strahd and the Ezran Reilgion are as of yet still unclear.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
providing assistance for the lazy. ;)

Knightfall1972 said:
I've been looking through my Dungeon Magazines and found another named demon in one of them. In Issue #70, the adventure called Kingdom of Ghouls (pg. 62) gives stats for a glabrezu named "Crumhorn".

BTW, the adventure also lists a named hydroloth named "Frellup" on page 55.

Remove ads