Napoleonics RPG/Setting/Campaign etc.?

Davek

First Post
I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series and thought that it would be kind of neat to run/play in a campaign based on that era.

Has anyone done this, or seen appropriate resources for it?

Gomez

First Post
GURPS Age Of Napoleon is about the only one I know of. You could mine d20 Past and Skull and Bones for some ideas though.

It could a very interesting campaign setting. You could go in so many different directions with it. Naval Adventure (Captain and Commander stuff), Espionage, Military, etc. You could even add some Horror elements to it (think Brotherhood of the Wolf). A game set during Napoleon's invasion of Egypt would be very fun as well!

Last edited:

Stormborn

Explorer
We played one GURPS minicampaign as English spies sent to Paris after Napoleons invasion of Egypt. Turned pretty horrific as we went up against an ancient cult that resurected an ancient egyptian priestess.

Davek

First Post
Thanks, I'll have to look into those books. Of course I still need to find some other players, but I think the concept would be a lot of fun.

SWBaxter

First Post
There was (and possibly still is, I'm out of the loop) a set of tactical miniatures rules called "Flintloque" that featured a Napoleonic setting, with British orcs taking on French elves. It was pretty much directly inspired by the Sharpe series. Don't know if the rules are any good, but at least the minis might be useful to you.

Remove ads