(Naruto d20) Legacy of the Hidden Flame contd.

Imerak

First Post
Gen-Goku arrives rather late for class, much to the costernation of your teacher, a middle-aged chuunin named Masomaro. "Late on the day of your exam? The nerve of youth these days! When I was in the Academy, I remember that Kazuki was late just five minutes and the teacher used him to show off the finer points of taijutsu. Ah, that Kazuki. Always a troublemaker. And at Waterfall Point..." Masomaro then performs his secret technique: forty-minute long nearly incomrehensible rambles about the past and his views.

Eventually, he concludes it. "Today, you'll take the final Academy exam. For these purposes, you'll be put into three-man cells. If your cell accomplishes your goal, you'll become a genin cell under a jonin instructor. If you fail, you'll be sent back to the Academy for further training.

"The first group will consist of Gen-Goku, Ryne Sikil, and Yamaguchi Jiro. The second cell will consist of Kazuma Motoko, Toya Kuwabara, and Aoyama Akira." He turns to the last remaining student, a rather mousish-looking girl named Juri. "As for you... well, we're not really sure what's happening. The official verdict is that you're the unlucky leftover and you'll have to repeat, but I've been trying to get that overturned... anyways, we'll talk later.

"Would the first group please come with me?"

He leads you into a small office apart from the main classroom and sits you down. "Ah, the graduation exam. I didn't have to do any of this, just show you know. Just a written and a practical, though they were fairly devillish..." Masomaro starts reminiscing again.

To be continued...

Imerak

First Post
A Day Late And A Dollar Short

Fifteen minutes later, as you struggle to stay awake, Masomaro finally concludes the story. "Ah, yes, those were the days. Now, where were we? Oh, right. Your task. Well, your mission is to find a scroll inside the caverns near Mt. Hanabi. It'll take some work, but if you bring back the scroll undamaged and unopened, you'll graduate. Of course, it won't be as straightforward as that..." he chuckles.

You remember Mt. Hanabi is the name of the volcano Honoogakure is located on the steppes of. "Well, how about it? Any questions?"

Imerak

First Post
A_D said:
"Is there a time limit on this? Also, is there anything more you can tell us?"

"Oh, I forgot. You must complete this task within three days. That should give you plenty of time." He leans back in his chair. "Well, that's all I can tell you. There will be some ordeals along the way, but I'll leave them as a surprise. But stay on gaurd, they don't exactly kid-proof these things.

"Oh, can you guys send in the others on your way out?"

Hurog

First Post
Alright, unless anyone has any objections, i suggest we start right away. What is the terrain like between here and the caves?

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
The caves are just at the edge of the village, with a small patch of rocky land in between. It's not even an hour's walk from where you are.

Hurog

First Post
to Jiro "If you're done, let's go."
unless there are further interuptions, I head out and towards the caves in question, gesturing the next group in as I leave. I'll wait up to 5 minutes for the other two, but otherwise I'll tell them to meet me there and go.

Remove ads