Naruto D20 - Playtesting & Help Needed

Buddha the DM

Explorer
In regards to playtesting..

As the title suggest, the Naruto d20 Playtesting starts shortly. We need a few more trusted individuals to help us in this task, so speak up!

You must, however, meet a few requirements:

#1: You MUST use proper grammar and spelling. Not doing so means that you will be unable to playtest with us.

#2: You must near the GMT EST -5 timezone.

#3: Your knowledge of the Naruto Universe must extend futher than "Well, Ninjas do cool techniques and I know Konoha is in the fire country...", meaning you don't have to ask question when I talk about the Wind country's Kazekage for example.

#4: You must not distribute the materials I will provide you with before, during and after the playtesting unless I authorize you to do so. Doing so will get you expelled from the Playtesting project and see your character suffer the "Ninpou, Zansatsusha no Kuchiyose"*.

All applicants should note that whatever happens in the game will affect the writing of Naruto: d20. If you create a clan, ask me to make an Advanced Bloodline or technique, there is a good chance that I add it to the supplement itself.

Applicants should reply to this thread and provide a character concept after which I will judge wether or not they qualify to participate in the playtest. Accepted applicants will be provided with the full developped content (meaning all advanced classes, equipments, techniques, new rules, feats, etc.).

You should base your character on the following informations:

The game will be set in the Country of Rock (which I will call that for the lack of exact name). In the Hidden Village of Jade (Suigyokugakure no Sato), which prospered well under the guidance of the Second Tsuchikage (Nidaime), the players will be young ninjas (some of them not even Genin) who train to achieve an even greater level of power and become great ninjas.

Being so far north, the people of the Country of Rock are used to cold weather. Among Rock Ninjas, it's the survival of the fittest. Their cold, harsh manners don't make them any less competent or dutiful, however, and they are good at following orders.

That's pretty much all there is to say for now.

Good day,
Frankto Vinneti

* more details on that technique to come soon

In regards to help needed...

Also the project is in need of proofreaders, artists who can provide illustrations, people who are good at layout design, and content providers from people who are skilled in making things for D20 Modern.

Anyone out there like the anime series of Naruto? Ever curious about how it would translate into D20 Modern? Well come on over to Frankto's Realm and read up about what's been done for it so far, and to talk about your own ideas for the setting.

You can find more information about the project through the following links, and please direct all inquiries about it there.

Frankto's Realm - Naruto D20
Forum's for Frankto's Realm

Last edited:

CCamfield

First Post
I also see some irony in asking people not to redistribute work based on someone else's IP without a license. :\

However, Naruto is awfully cool, so I wish you guys luck with your project.

KernelpaniK

First Post
Well I dont know if my group would play this, but I wouldnt mind having a look at it. Ya know, correct you on stuff you are wrong on, suggest some things, not exactly editor material, and like I said, dont know of my group would play it, we kinda got a bad taste of a previous playtest, plus I doubt my group likes anime rpgs.

Just send me a message on AIM

Last edited:

Frank_Vinneti

First Post
We are not in dire need for corrections or editing at the moment. You will, however, be able to offer suggestions over at the boards, or corrections all you like when the file itself is released to the public.

gaara6666

First Post
hiya

you name it and i know about it from naruto. from morichimaruu's failed summoning of the 4th hokeage in the sarutobei fight as wel as the easter egg on tsunade's slot machine of gamebunta, the snake, and the slug. Im not in -5 time zone but i would like to help with the structure of the naruto d20 content. Been playing dnd for 11 years and d20 for 4. Plus i have every ep of aruto on my pc and get the new one out everyweek thanks to narutofan.com. So gimme a reply back if u think i can be of any help to you. Also die hard manga fan....Sa character pisses me off :p

Charke

Explorer
"#1: You MUST use propper grammar and spelling."

I think it's acceptable convention to 'shout' or enphasize in this fashion on a message board. I am loath to surrender to the fact that "internet speak" will eventually find it's way into slang dictionaries and later work their way into proper dictionaries at some point - but thats just the fear of change that affects us all. Thats just my 2 cents. I'm not trying to start a flame.

Unfortunately I'm not able to help on the project either. I know nothing about Naruto although many of my freinds rave about it. Might be something I should really look into. However I had a burning question. Do you have the rights to produce a d20 version of Naruto? And if you've got a spare minute - how does someone get the copyright for something like that. It's just a curiosity.

thanks,
Mark Charke

Remove ads