NC Game Day XV - January 26


log in or register to remove this ad


Gerzel

First Post
Hey I'm still looking for a ride to/from the cookout friday. I'm near NCSU campus, on Gorman St, between Western and Avant Ferry.

I'm willing to pay for gas.
 


RChandler

First Post
I'm bringing three gently used copies of Dread to the con. Anyone who wants a copy can have one (first come first served, at the event), but there's a stipulation -- all I ask is that you write a review for the game at RPG.net. As an independent publisher, this is really the only kind of marketing that I can afford for my humble game. If'n you're interested, let me know!

-- Rafael
 

Gerzel

First Post
Note for the nice people who said they would gimme a ride from my apartment in the morning.

I've set my alarm clock for 8:15, and if you pm me or respond to this thread I'll pm you with my cell phone number.

Or you can use my aim.
 

Jon Potter

First Post
Thanks to Dave and Henry for running some great games. And thanks to the folks 'round the table who made it fun.

Dave's introduction (for me anyway) to the new Star Wars system worked out quite well, and I wouldn't mind trying it again in the future. And since the door was left open for a continued adventure or two, I hope that happens at a future game day.


Henry's Grimm Tales game was just as much fun as I'd hoped, striking just the right balance between traditional Cthulhu investigation and exploding car, grenade-throwing action that made for a gruesome and memorible game. I'd play another of his Arham Tales in a heartbeat.

Thanks again, everyone. It was fun, as always.
 

Pepster

First Post
Thanks to Rel, Henry, Darth K'Trave, Sekeetta, and Templetroll for a hilarious Low Life adventure! Also thanks to Rel for his great Sky Galleons of Mars game.

A fun day, well spent.

Pepster
 

Templetroll

Explorer
Yup, it was another well-organized game day. Thanks, Rel and whomever it is that gets us the rooms!

Sekeetta and I had a blast trying new games again and both Pepster and Henry were great GMs. Grimm Tales and Savage World/Low Life both were easy to pick up and very enjoyable.

It was fun meeting more 'names from the boards'. :)
 

Henry

Autoexreginated
I had a blast. The game with Pepster's Savage Worlds was a blast -- a good group and a good GM always makes the difference. I must've told Rel's "fear my nuts!" battlecry story about a half-dozen times. :) (he was referring to lug nuts; get your mind out of the gutter. ;))

I had a great group with the Grim Tales game; in the end, the cannibal pygmies were dead, the sacrifices were freed, and the front of the bank was on fire. It was a good day.

My other two travel buddies (members of my game group) also had a great time with Toras' Feng Shui game and Rel's Sky Galleons game.

And capping the days off with a lot of enjoyable company and great conversation was awesome. That's just as much reason why I go to these things as is the gaming.
 

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'll be honest: About three weeks ago, I was rather worried about this Game Day. We didn't have all that many games set up to go. Didn't look like a lot of people were coming this time. I was afraid that, for the first time ever, it could flop.

I was WAY wrong. Wrong with wrong sauce. I really think this was among the very best Game Days we've ever had.

Pepster's Low Life game was so packed with wacky fun that I'm seriously, VERY seriously considering running it for my wife and daughter sometime. And his generosity with giving away a copy of the book (of which I was the lucky recipient) was great as well. I certainly hope we'll be seeing more games from you in the future, sir.

Thanks to all who played in my Sky Galleons game. As usual the game produced a lot of laughs and the ending was as nice a "this could be a tpk" nail-biter as I could ask for. I think that what summed it up for me was near the end when Oncuru said, "Oh boy, my face hurts from the laughing now." Word.

And I have excellent news to share: April is going to be even better!
 

Clueless

Webmonkey
It defiantly will be! I'm sorry I was as sleep deprived as I was actually, or my jokes would have been better. ;) Dread was a blast - and REl's game was wicked fun. "Miss Jameson" will ever find her 'honor' defended. ;)

And honestly, as many systems as I've played I'll say flat out - Rafael: I have never seen a system handle vehicle to vehicle and vehicle with vehicle combat as smoothly and still realistically as yours does. Not a one. That right there sold me. At the end of the day I think three copies had been snapped up by my gaming group alone. ;)
 

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Clueless said:
Dread was a blast - and REl's game was wicked fun. "Miss Jameson" will ever find her 'honor' defended. ;)

I presume that when they return to port that Budrajah will put the beat down on anyone who dares mention "The Poot".
 

RChandler

First Post
Clueless said:
It defiantly will be! I'm sorry I was as sleep deprived as I was actually, or my jokes would have been better. ;) Dread was a blast - and REl's game was wicked fun. "Miss Jameson" will ever find her 'honor' defended. ;)

And honestly, as many systems as I've played I'll say flat out - Rafael: I have never seen a system handle vehicle to vehicle and vehicle with vehicle combat as smoothly and still realistically as yours does. Not a one. That right there sold me. At the end of the day I think three copies had been snapped up by my gaming group alone. ;)

That's great! Thanks for the kind words about Dread. I look forward to hearing about your group's experiences with the game. ;)

I had a lot of fun, and it was really great to meet everyone. Hopefully, I'll see you and everyone else at the next Game Day!

-- Rafael
 

Templetroll

Explorer
Henry said:
I had a blast. The game with Pepster's Savage Worlds was a blast -- a good group and a good GM always makes the difference. I must've told Rel's "fear my nuts!" battlecry story about a half-dozen times. :) (he was referring to lug nuts; get your mind out of the gutter. ;))
.

Hey, the gutter is where most of Low Life takes place! BTW, that "Cat of 9 nuts" as it was called did 30 damage in one attack! It was also referred to as a 'Pile o' nuts with your name on it!" I also enjoyed his claim about being the hero of "the Battle of 5 Tombstones... with no appreciable treasure, I assure you!"

Hearing that the artifact makes things bigger, my comment was "Must be Cialis."

A game effect of being damaged is to be shaken, Sekeetta's response about her Holy Roller Croach getting injured was to channel the King "I'm all shook up". :cool:

The game does not have a means to turn undead by any of the religions. Well, Henry's character turned undead with a bluff about "the power of kagagoogoo!" :lol:

And an unattributed comment, because I didnt write down who said it "I never realized how soft your rearend was..." :eek: (that was an ingame comment!)

Yup, looking forward to April already!! :D
 
Last edited:

Clueless

Webmonkey
Rel said:
I presume that when they return to port that Budrajah will put the beat down on anyone who dares mention "The Poot".


What poot would the kindly sir be referring to? Perhaps I misheard you - were you inquiring regarding a 'boot'?
 

Dolom

First Post
Clueless said:
And honestly, as many systems as I've played I'll say flat out - Rafael: I have never seen a system handle vehicle to vehicle and vehicle with vehicle combat as smoothly and still realistically as yours does. Not a one. That right there sold me.

That stuck out in my mind as well. Smooth, simple, realistic, and it works!
 

RChandler

First Post
Dolom said:
That stuck out in my mind as well. Smooth, simple, realistic, and it works!

Thanks!

Um, who are you guys? :D

Seriously, if you can give me a hint, that would be great -- because I'll recognize your names (or descriptions, if you'd rather not use your name in the intarwebs). But I don't know Clueless from Dolom from Tsathoggua!

-- Rafael
 

Dremmen

First Post
RChandler said:
Thanks!

Um, who are you guys? :D

Seriously, if you can give me a hint, that would be great -- because I'll recognize your names (or descriptions, if you'd rather not use your name in the intarwebs). But I don't know Clueless from Dolom from Tsathoggua!

-- Rafael

All I will say is ANGRY MAN SMASH!!! :]

And also that I agree with Dolom and Clueless that the system is great! I posted on your forums, by the by, and I do have a review in the works. I am hoping to (cross fingers) run a game of Dread this weekend, which would help with the review.

How did the afternoon session go Rafael?
 

Pepster

First Post
Templetroll said:
The game does not have a means to turn undead by any of the religions. Well, Henry's character turned undead with a bluff about "the power of kagagoogoo!" :lol:

Yup, looking forward to April already!! :D

Actually, there is an edge for turning undead called "Holy Warrior". Unfortunately, none of the characters have it! :p

As I expected, I had a box of t-shirts on my porch when I got home. Those I am saving for April! :cool:

Pepster
 

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top