• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC, Raleigh area: Seeking players for D&D 3E

jlhorner1974

First Post
Hello,

I am looking for players for a new D&D campaign. I want this campaign to use the new 3.5 rules, with a few exceptions. We live in the Cary area, close to the Crossroads.

We are a couple in our late 20s, and we are looking for players in their early 20s or older. Ideally, we are looking for one (maybe two) couples close to our age, but single players are also welcome. We have both played with other women before and like the idea of a predominantly female group (although men are still encouraged to reply).

If you are a Newbie, we will be glad to teach you the rules. My wife has played for about a year now, but she is not a rules expert either. We have played before with a couple that has never played D&D, and it has been a lot of fun.

We are looking to play probably on Friday nights (perhaps on Saturdays), probably every other week (or perhaps a two week on, one week off schedule). We are flexible. Generally, we like to play about 4 hours per session.

I'll talk a little about my DMing style, so that you can an idea of how I play. The style of play I am looking for is a mixture of combat, puzzle solving, and roleplaying, with a heavy emphasis on the roleplaying aspect. If you only care about combat, this will not be the campaign for you.

I am not a killer DM, and I do not find enjoyment in punishing players needlessly. In fact, when I do fudge, it is almost always in favor of the characters. My goal as a DM is to challenge the players. I don't like to have a lot of player deaths in my campaign, but it will happen sometimes. My penalties for death will probably be considerably lighter than in the Player's Handbook, so players in my game should not be constantly paranoid. But players should not act stupidly either or take this generosity for granted.

I expect that players will disagree with each other or with me from time to time, but I do not tolerate heated arguments. If a player disputes my ruling on something, I expect them to state their viewpoint. I will consider your argument. If I rule against you, I expect you to drop the matter and continue playing. If I determine that I have made a mistake, I will compensate the players in some way. Above all, it is just a game, and the purpose of the game is to have fun. All the players are expected to behave themselves. Cheating in any way is not tolerated.

Sometimes I will use clever and cunning tactics, and I expect that my players will do the same. I do not use cheesy tactics or abuse the rules. I like to bend the rules from time to time in cool ways.

In exchange for all of these benefits, I ask my characters to act bravely and responsibly, to roleplay well, and act together as a team as much as possible. Players that roleplay well and contribute to a good gaming session will be rewarded. Teamwork is expected.

I like to design the game to fit the characters closely, so I can match the style of play that the group likes. I like to generate custom prestige classes and special items and spells for my characters.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at JLHORNER1974@YAHOO.COM -- I ask that you e-mail, even if you post a response, as I don't get to check the message boards as often as I'd like. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jason.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
jlhorner, I'm afraid that I can't afford to join another game right now. But I did want to draw your attention to this thread:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=962834#post962834

I'm organizing the second ENWorld North Carolina Game Day. The last one, back in March, was a ton of fun and we had around 25 people show up. I thought I'd mention it because you may well find some folks for your campaign if you come. There were at least a couple of people looking for games or players at the last one.

Hope you can make it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads