• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necro] Necromancer Games to Publish Judges Guild Products

Orcus

First Post
Judges Guild has terminated its fantasy license with QuickLink effective December 2002. Beginning in January 2003 Necromancer Games will begin distributing Judges Guild products. We plan to update a number of products—including the City State and the entire Wilderlands campaign (all 18 maps)—and those products we don’t update will be available for download in PDF format from a Judges Guild web site we will host. We are bringing back Judges Guild for 3E/d20!

As for our slate of products, here is the plan: In January of 2003 we will release a Wilderlands Gazetteer, similar to the Scarred Lands or Greyhawk Gazetteers, planned as a 48 page intro to the Wilderlands detailing and summarizing key areas. This product will serve as a player’s guide to the Wilderlands once the following is released:

In April 2003 we will release a Boxed Set of the entire Wilderlands Campaign. All 18 maps with two soft cover books: a Campaign Book, providing details on how to run a campaign in the Wilderlands, more extended background material, prestige classes, new monsters and items; and a Map Book detailing all of the contents of the 18 Wilderlands maps in expanded and updated format.

In Spring 2003 we will release another Boxed Set, this one detailing the City State of the Invincible Overlord, including all the material from the Wraith Overlord product and material found in Pegasus magazines regarding the City State. All the Wilderlands expansion books (Mines of Custalcon, Spies of Light Elf, etc) all compiled in one product.

We will also publish the City State of the World Emperor (Veridistan), Valon, Tarantis and (hopefully) the as of yet unpublished other city state. These will be separate products. Plus we will also publish a number of classic JG modules, updated to 3E, including: Caverns of Thracia, Treasure Vaults of Lindoran and all the Book of Treasure Maps.

Inzae

First Post
Knocken 'em down

PLease tell me you have Scrapfaggot Green and are gonna do something with it.

Scrapfaggot - I killed more characters in there than in any other area all together.

dcc

Ranger REG

Explorer
WAIT A MINUTE...

Judges Guild is still alive and running?

Personally, I have been waiting for their product that supposed to compile many fantasy names for characters.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Re: WAIT A MINUTE...

Ranger REG said:
Judges Guild is still alive and running?

Personally, I have been waiting for their product that supposed to compile many fantasy names for characters.

If you're talking about the "Treasury of Archaic Names", that's been out for quite awhile. It was published by QuickLink (or RPGRealms, or somesuch).

That and "Dark Tower" are the only two new JG products I'm aware of. Now that Necromancer has them, I expect they'll do a better job.

RPGRealms

First Post
My congratulation to Necromancer and Clark on getting the JG license worked out and moving again. I know they will give those products the excellent attention they have given their previous products, and I for one look forward to seeing them!

If there is anything we can do to help the transition over, just let me know!

RPGRealms

First Post
Re: WAIT A MINUTE...

Ranger REG said:

If you are referring to Treasury of Archaic Names, it was released at GenCon last year. We still have some copies available at our online store if you can't find it at your game store.

http://www.orderitnow.com/GRIP

Orcus

First Post
You might have missed this:

Press Release: Necromancer Games to Publish Judges Guild Products

July 26, 2002, Las Vegas, NV: Beginning in January 2003, Necromancer Games will begin distributing Judges Guild products. Necromancer Games will be updating a number of products—including the City State and the entire Wilderlands campaign setting—and those products that are not updated will be made available for download in PDF format from a Judges Guild web site to be hosted by Necromancer Games.

“We are really excited to be bringing back Judges Guild for d20/3E!” said Clark Peterson, President of Necromancer Games. “We have always styled ourselves as a modern day Judges Guild and now with our partnership with them we have truly achieved our goal!” Bob Bledsaw, owner of Judges Guild, recently terminated his relationship with QLI/RPGRealms effective December 31, 2002, allowing Judges Guild to reach an agreement with Necromancer Games. “I am thrilled to be working with the Necromancer guys. We share a common vision of what a campaign world should be,” said Bledsaw. “Necromancer Games is a perfect fit for Judges Guild and the Wilderlands campaign.” Hunter Gordon of QLI/RPGRealms, busy with their upcoming d20 Traveller project is “happy to pass the torch to Necromancer Games. We love Judges Guild and think Necromancer will do a great job.”

Necromancer Games will begin in January of 2003 with a Wilderlands Gazetteer, similar to the Scarred Lands or Greyhawk Gazetteers. Planned as a 48 page introduction to the Wilderlands, the Gazetteer will introduce new players and reacquaint old fans with the Wilderlands and City State setting. It will provide an overview color fold out map showing the larger features of the world. It will provide historical and game details unique to the Wilderlands as well as a short summary of the City State of the Invincible Overlord—the main setting location—and the wilderness area around the City State, allowing players to begin a Wilderlands campaign right away.

In April 2003, Necromancer Games will release the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Boxed Set, which details the entire Wilderlands Campaign in extraordinary detail. The boxed set contains 18 full sized maps (matching the original set) as well as two soft cover books: the first a Campaign Book, providing details on how to run a campaign in the Wilderlands, more extended background material, prestige classes, new monsters and items; and the second a Map Book detailing all of the contents of the 18 Wilderlands maps in expanded and updated format. “The Wilderlands was the first campaign setting created for Dungeons and Dragons, predating even the published Greyhawk setting by several years,” Peterson explained. “And now it is back for d20!” The product is scheduled to be $39.95.

In Spring 2003, Necromancer Games will release the City State of the Invincible Overlord Boxed Set. This set will include all the original maps, plus a much expanded and updated softcover book detailing the denizens of the City State, its locations, adventure ideas and NPCs. The set will also incorporate material from the classic Judges Guild product Wraith Overlord, which details the sewers and dungeons beneath the famed City State, as well as material from Pegasus magazines. The product is scheduled to be $34.95.

Necromancer Games will follow up those releases with yet another boxed set: The City State of the World Emperor Boxed Set. This set details Veiridistan, the city of spices and home of the Green Emperor and his vast legions. It includes detailed maps and an expansive book describing the denizens of the most powerful city in the Wilderlands.

Necromancer Games is also set to republish all the original Wilderlands expansion books (Mines of Custalcon, Spies of Light Elf, etc) in one product, called the Wilderlands Expansions. In addition, Necromancer Games plans to publish the other Wilderlands cities and city states—Valon, Tarantis, Modron, and the never-before-published City of Mages.

Additionally, Necromancer Games will publish a select few modules from Judges Guild’s vast library of content, including Caverns of Thracia, Treasure Vaults of Lindoran, and all the Treasure Maps modules.

Necromancer Games will host a Judges Guild web site, complete with message boards and live online roleplaying. Finally, any Judges Guild products that Necromancer Games does not intend to update to Third Edition will be released in electronic format (PDF) from the Judges Guild website.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads