• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a lil' help coming up with a one-shot

Chairman7w

First Post
My son and his friends have talked me into running a one-shot adventure for them, the Friday night after Thanksgiving.

They want to be 10th level (we're playing Pathfinder), and will have a standard party makeup. I'm drawing a blank creatively and looking for some help with ideas.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and ideas.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well probably not the theme you're looking for, but there's several one-shot modules designed for use with the Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG) though only 2 are close to the levels you're looking for. One is Up from Darkness, a very unique one-shot involving a party entirely suffering amnesia and waking at the bottom of an unknown dungeon which runs about 4.5 hours long - this adventure is very, very dark. Another option is Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House which is more an extendede encounter with a ghost that comes in multiple CRs and could more easily fit a party of 10th players (or any party between CR 4 and 22). If you don't care for the oriental flavor, I don't think its too difficult to change the theme to something more European in flavor. The other available one-shots for Kaidan are 3rd and 5th level, so probably not what you're looking for.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
The PCs are all dukes, and the local prince has invited them to a turkey feast, to celebrate a great hunting trophy.

Obviously, no weapons are allowed at the prince's feasts.

The turkey, when wheeled out and revealed, is the other duke that the PCs were expecting, but hasn't shown up yet. He's plump, basted, but not yet cooked. The prince explains that he caught this duke on a hunt for a usurper, and the PCs have moments to decide which side to take...

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Take a look at Cooperative Dungeon 01: Terror and Blasphemy from the FREE Cooperative Dungeon Collection. It's a 3.5 based adventure for 14th level PCs, so you might need to curb it a bit but PF PCs are generally tougher than core rules 3.5 PCs. Anyway, for free, it can't hurt to look it over. :) The adventure in my sig is stat-neutral but should work just fine for PF PCs of 10th level and was written in support of Ernie Gygax.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/28876/Adventures-The-Cooperative-Dungeon-Collection-01--04?it=1

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/127392/Fighting-Fire--Ernie-Gygax-Benefit-Adventure

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads