• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Bloodstone Village Stats

BV210

Explorer
I posted this in the "Plots & Places" forum, but it doesn't get the traffic this one does.

Does anyone have a copy of any of the Bloodstone modules that can give me some info on Bloodstone Village? I'm looking for the stats to make a 3e city stat block, and a general overview of the town.

Thanks.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
from H1 - Bloodstone Pass

"There are about a thousand people here all told, according to Garlen and Gavin, but many are women, children, and the elderly....Many of the men are armed, but they carry only the crudest of weapons-homemade spears and longswords of inferior make. A few woodsmen carry bows."

there are 14 numbered (and detailed) buildings on the map of the village, and fifty other, smaller buildings

there are 9 NPCs with stat blocks, and others with short descriptions (like Olaf, the town smithy (3rd lvl fighter, 18 (23) Str, otherwise average abilities))

highest level NPCs are the Baron (F7), the abbot (C6), fletcher (6), a druid (5), and a few commoners (4, 2 and 2), and the innkeeper is an 8th level dual-class

there is also a chart to randomly determine names, stat blocks and professions of the villagers, with the lowest levels being 0-level fighters, and the highest 5th level fighters, rangers or thieves

if you need any more info, i'll try and help :D (btw, i didn't post all of the details about the noteable NPCs because there are possible spoilers)

BV210

Explorer
Hey thanks, I appreciate it. Is there a rough breakdown of the racial makeup? I.e., human 75%, dwarf 20%, etc. Also, what is the name of the Baron?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Baron Tranth, Fifth Baron of Bloodstone (full name and title given)

the village is all human. after the disaster in the Bloodstone mines and the closing of Bloodstone pass, the halflings, dwarves and centaurs became very insular and keep to themselves in their own communities in the valley where the village of Bloodstone stands

Mr Fidgit

First Post
no problem :D

so are you planning on running Throne of Bloodstone? the reason i ask, is that the town and the NPCs go through some significant changes over the course of the 4 mods (for example, all of the NPCs gain levels from mod to mod...)

BV210

Explorer
No, I've actually just got the party passing through on their way from the Great Glacier heading toward Heliogabalus. Their stop in Bloodstone Village is the culmination of their trip to the Glacier as they went through "Snow Baby" in FR14.

Marauder

First Post
I'm actually running the quartet of modules now, converted to 3rd ed. They just defeated Banak and his four Glabrezu guardians.

I hadn't realized how powerful Glabrezu are for they're CR.

I mean, 7 Power Word, Stun's per day, each!

The group is a mix of 14th/15th level and due to the fact that they're caught unarmoured and it takes a significant amount of time to don armour the group ended up being forced to split up to tackle the problem and were almost killed piecemeal by the demons as a result.

If anyone has any advice on converting these modules over to 3rd ed. I would be very grateful!

Remove ads