• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help adding this damage up...

RigaMortus

Explorer
A Fighter IMC has some interesting feats (I think from the Book of Hallowed Might and/or Quint. Fighters), as well as some interesting items. He does mucho damage during a charge. So if I could list his feats and equipment, could someone help me figure out his min and max damage potential?

Level 6 Fighter
BAB: +6/+1

Str: 20 +5
(18 base, +2 from Gauntlets of Ogre Power)

Weapons:
Flaming Great Axe +1
(currently has GMW cast on it for +3)

Armor:
Rhino Hide Armor (doubles all damage on a charge)

Feats:
- Power Attack
- Two-Handed Power Strike (Instead of adding 1.5 your Str bonus when using a two-handed weapon, you can add 2 times your strength bonus)
- Reckless Attack (You can subtract -1 from your AC, for +1 to damage. You can only subtract up to your BAB, so in this case it would be -6 AC for +6 damage)
- ??? (I don't know the name of this feat, but it gives him a +4 to hit when charging instead of a +2)

The MAIN thing that confuses me is stacking rules. For example, T-HPS let's him get 2x his Str in damage instead of 1.5 and Rhino Hide armor let's him double ALL his damage. So, just as far as his Strength goes, how much damage is this? It is either +20 (+5 x 2 from T-HPS = +10 x 2 from Rhino Hide Armor) or +15 (+5 x 3 since when you double a double in DnD, you get a triple).

Help please!!!

maddman75

First Post
I'd call it +20. The 'doubling a double' rule applies when the same thing is doubled. Here we have the Strength damage increasing by 50%. I know the feat makes it double, but it is normally x1.5. Then all the damage (of which Str is a part) is doubled.

daTim

First Post
Sounds right. His AC is sure going to suck though on that round. A fighter with Power Attack could mess him up pretty easily, or someone with a reach weapon would hit him easily on the AOO and trip him, though based on these feats I'd guess he isnt so much concerned with his AC as he is killin fast.

Trine

First Post
Something you might want to note: Two-handed Power Strike only works during a full-attack action (at least, that's how I remember it... stupid books not being here). Charges are not full-attacks, so he wouldn't be getting the benefit of this feat with his charges. (6 damage from the minimum and maximum.)

If that was your main question, I think that solves it. (Provided my memory works.)

Remove ads